Wow….Helton is out

CRBuff

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was behind him for the longest (as I told Scscsc89 this morning).  But after last week's embarrassment, it was time for him to go.

Let the search begin.  It's one of the nation's top programs, and should attract some of the best candidates.  Hopefully whoever they bring in will make this program one of the nationally elite programs that it once used to be.

After already proving to be an embarrassment himself in the NFL, maybe Meyer would be interested (although I think it would be a mistake).

On 9/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, HLB said:

I was behind him for the longest (as I told Scscsc89 this morning).  But after last week's embarrassment, it was time for him to go.

Let the search begin.  It's one of the nation's top programs, and should attract some of the best candidates.  Hopefully whoever they bring in will make this program one of the nationally elite programs that it once used to be.

After already proving to be an embarrassment himself in the NFL, maybe Meyer would be interested (although I think it would be a mistake).

I’d be shocked if Meyer leaves Jacksonville already (even though they may be a mess).  SC will be just fine, I’m envious of the resources.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:09 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Here are the names I have seen.

Bob Stoops

Matt Campbell

Luke Fickell

Eric Bienemy

Dudes that they have asked before but have said no & would say no again.

Chris Petersen

David Shaw

kyle whittingham

I like stoops, and of course am partial to EB.

Won 12 of his last 15 games. It's a good job, should be better than what it is. The toxicity of past regimes is almost gone but the sexual harassment issues have been campus wide. They could make their best hire since Larry Smith, but the ceiling seems like Luke Fickell, the floor is Brennan. If it's Jack Del Rio, just shut the program down.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:01 PM, CRBuff said:

I’d be shocked if Meyer leaves Jacksonville already (even though they may be a mess).  SC will be just fine, I’m envious of the resources.

I don't think Meyer will be in Jacksonville long.  He already has his staff arguing among themselves.  And he's learning that it's vastly different than college, on many levels.  It was a mistake hire; he won't have success; and once he realizes that he's going to lose a lot, he will use a medical reason to step down, just as he did at Florida and Ohio State.

That being said, I don't see him going to SC.  THAT would be a mistake on the part of SC.

You have to realize that Meyer wants to preserve the myth that he's a great coach, and he doesn't want to go somewhere where all the pieces are not in place and he can win right away.  If he goes somewhere and starts to lose games, it will tarnish his false image.  So I don't see SC as a job he would covet, because he can't win right away and there is too much work to get the ship sailing in the right direction - and he doesn't know how to right that ship.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:59 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Three  more names:

Bill O'Brien
James Franklin
PJ Fleck 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have heard Franklin's name tossed around before but I've never quite understood it, to me he either does good enough at Penn St where they open the bank to keep him or he doesn't in which case why would SC want him if he isn't getting the job done in Happy Valley.

Archived