Wow….Helton is out

CRBuff

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2021 at 7:17 PM, HLB said:

I don't think Meyer will be in Jacksonville long.  He already has his staff arguing among themselves.  And he's learning that it's vastly different than college, on many levels.  It was a mistake hire; he won't have success; and once he realizes that he's going to lose a lot, he will use a medical reason to step down, just as he did at Florida and Ohio State.

That being said, I don't see him going to SC.  THAT would be a mistake on the part of SC.

You have to realize that Meyer wants to preserve the myth that he's a great coach, and he doesn't want to go somewhere where all the pieces are in place and he can win right away.  If he goes somewhere and starts to lose games, it will tarnish his false image.  So I don't see SC as a job he would covet, because he can't win right away and there is too much work to get the ship sailing in the right direction - and he doesn't know how to right that ship.

What kind of babbling nonsense is this?

Urban's winning pct is .854 as a college coach.   In what fucking universe is his greatness a "myth"?

On 9/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, Orange said:

What kind of babbling nonsense is this?

Urban's winning pct is .854 as a college coach.   In what fucking universe is his greatness a "myth"?

Not to mention, Don’s buddy @HLB doesn’t really know Meyer or football too well. When Meyer went to Florida and Ohio State, there really wasn’t much “program building”  needed. Just culture changes. Both schools have an embarrassment of riches and storied histories. 

Urban may not be long for the NFL but they aren’t going to make drastic changes after 1 game. LMAO..

I definitely look forward to HLB’s inside info and encyclopedia of football knowledge each week.  His hot takes are gold. 

On 9/15/2021 at 12:53 PM, Quack 12 said:

Rumor has it there is mutual interest between USC and Penn State coach James Franklin.

I can see why Franklin would be interested, and I think he is a top 10-15 coach. but I would be shooting higher if I was USC. Matt Campbell or Luke Fickell for instance. If USC gets one of those two, they are going to stomp.

**of course i thought UCLA with Chip and Nebraska with Frost would stomp as well

On 9/15/2021 at 1:53 PM, Quack 12 said:

Rumor has it there is mutual interest between USC and Penn State coach James Franklin.

That's a curious move unless Franklin has or wants west coast ties and living.  He's done well as PSU and they certainly don't lack for fans or resources. 

USC seems pretty unstable in a few areas.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:19 PM, utenation said:

That's a curious move unless Franklin has or wants west coast ties and living.  He's done well as PSU and they certainly don't lack for fans or resources. 

USC seems pretty unstable in a few areas.

USC doesn't have Ohio St in their conference which is a plus.

On 9/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, azgreg said:

Since joining Penn St Franklin is 1-6 vs Ohio St and he hasn't played Oregon. A change in scenery might be warranted.

He's probably sick of his 200-acre farm with a McMansion, and wants to get a studio apt in LA for the same price.

I read that Franklin has been accused of trying to cover up a sexual assault within his program while at Vanderbilt & has been sued for encouraging hazing while at Penn State.

Considering USC’s recent past, I think this might be the kind of thing they’d try to avoid (if true).

On 9/16/2021 at 9:05 AM, Scscsc89 said:

I read that Franklin has been accused of trying to cover up a sexual assault within his program while at Vanderbilt & has been sued for encouraging hazing while at Penn State.

Considering USC’s recent past, I think this might be the kind of thing they’d try to avoid (if true).

As a USC fan, who do you want?

On 9/16/2021 at 9:05 AM, Scscsc89 said:

When are we going to realize that this is just football culture?

If we don't want bad shit hitting the news during football season (sexual assault, domestic abuse, hazing, bullying), we probably need to just end football.  None of this shit is going to get better as long as meatheads coach football.  Even in Oregon, where lefty libs rule the roost, HS and middle school football coaches are assholes.   Just imagine the 12-year-olds learning from some Mississippi knuckledragger like @HLB.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:10 AM, azgreg said:

As a USC fan, who do you want?

I’m leaning towards Luke Fickell or Matt Campbell because I want someone who has been a college head coach before but is likely to stay more than a few years.

Honestly, as long as it’s not Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fisher, Hue Jackson or Donte Williams, I’m happy.

I trust Bohn will get someone significantly better than Helton (low bar).  It hardly needs to be a splashy big-name hire.

Archived