Week 5

glduck

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2021 at 4:46 PM, glduck said:

history tells us Stanford is eager and waiting to stomp on our dick. 

No doubt, but FWIW, I heard Jon Wilner on KJR yesterday, and he does a segment called "Wilner's Winners" where he picks his lock of the week (he's 4-0 this season).  He picked the Ducks laying eight points. He says Stanford can't stop the run and can't protect their QB, and he thinks the Ducks have been bored for two weeks and this game will get their attention.

So, Oregon is a lock to lose.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, Orange said:

I don't "accept" incorrect opinions like "The Pac-12 has 10 teams" or "Trump won."

Do you even know what an opinion is?  Here is the definition of "opinion":  "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

So every opinion has to be correct?  Are all of your opinions correct? 

An opinion is just that - and opinion.  An opinion is not an actual fact, but a personal viewpoint that is neither right or wrong.  If you are you accepting opinions as "facts", then that's your mistake.

And for the record, I never said Trump won.  But I will say that the country lost.  As for the PAC12, I was not stating an opinion.  I thinking about the Big12 - who only has 10 teams, when I referenced the PAC12.  I know what I said, and I know who I was thinking about - it was an honest mistake.

Unlike the mistakes you have suggested.  You make numerous erroneous statements about the South, and the SEC, without having any knowledge of what you're talking about, and without having ever been to the South.

You've expressed that the south a racist region of the country.  Yet, you live in a state that excludes black residents, where 97% of the population is white, while less than 2% are black.  The city of Atlanta has nearly 2M more citizens than the entire state of Oregon, with over 50% of their citizens being black.  They don't exclude black citizens like the state of Oregon does. 

You once said that the SEC was living off the backs of African American athletes.  Let's compare .... The student bodies of the state of Oregon's two largest public universities (Oregon and Oregon State) have less than 2% that are black.  Yet, over 65% of their football and basketball athletes are black.  Sounds to me like the state of Oregon is the state that is living off the backs of black athletes (who are not good enough to live in the state).

On 9/29/2021 at 8:37 AM, Quack 12 said:

No doubt, but FWIW, I heard Jon Wilner on KJR yesterday, and he does a segment called "Wilner's Winners" where he picks his lock of the week (he's 4-0 this season).  He picked the Ducks laying eight points. He says Stanford can't stop the run and can't protect their QB, and he thinks the Ducks have been bored for two weeks and this game will get their attention.

So, Oregon is a lock to lose.

I hadn’t seen that! That’s interesting — seems like in past seasons, if Oregon looked in any way vulnerable going into a Bay Area game, Wilner smelled blood in the water and wouldn’t hesitate to call the upset. 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:46 AM, HLB said:

Do you even know what an opinion is?  Here is the definition of "opinion":  "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

So every opinion has to be correct?  Are all of your opinions correct? 

People like you love to bandy about your opinions as facts.   "The country lost", below, is your opinion, which you present as fact.   

And for the record, I never said Trump won.  But I will say that the country lost. 

Yes, the people waving confederate flags in the Capitol felt the same way.  Consider the source.  Trump is a racist authoritarian with zero ambition other than to promote his own power and wealth.  And people like you think that's GOOD for the country, which is sickening.  

You make numerous erroneous statements about the South, and the SEC, without having any knowledge of what you're talking about, and without having ever been to the South.

I've been to the south multiple times.  Yet another "opinion" of yours.

You've expressed that the south a racist region of the country.  Yet, you live in a state that excludes black residents, where 97% of the population is white, while less than 2% are black. 

Wait.  We exclude black residents?  Yet 2% of our state (it's actually 3%, along with 13% Latinx) is black?  How'd that happen.  Yes, we had a law on the books until the 1920s that excluded black people from the state, and it's a shameful part of our history.  I'm not the one voting with a political party that fancies bringing BACK that tradition.

The city of Atlanta has nearly 2M more citizens than the entire state of Oregon, with over 50% of their citizens being black.  They don't exclude black citizens like the state of Oregon does. 

Indeed, they've been very useful for 400 years in terms of providing free labor to your corner of the country.  I'm not sure "we have lots of blacks" is a great argument against racism when the reason you have lots of black people is because you kidnapped, force-bred, and put them to work for free. 

You once said that the SEC was living off the backs of African American athletes.  Let's compare .... The student bodies of the state of Oregon's two largest public universities (Oregon and Oregon State) have less than 2% that are black.  Yet, over 65% of their football and basketball athletes are black.  Sounds to me like the state of Oregon is the state that is living off the backs of black athletes (who are not good enough to live in the state).

So which is it, we have no black people because they're excluded, or are we "living off of them"?  You couldn't form a coherent argument if someone taught you to using pictures.  

But I agree, the plight of African Americans in this country has been horrific, which is why I support Black Lives Matter, donate to their cause, and also support the progressive Democratic caucus, which has proposed reparations for blacks for decades.

Where do you stand on that? 

Take it to the Politics board, boys.

The Ducks subreddit is blowing up about Rod Gilmore's criticism of Cristobal berating Kris Hutson for taunting. Gilmore doubled-down on his assertion that Cristobal was being racist, which is preposterous, and he got called out by Doug Gottleib. The tweets are linked in the comments here:

Just to add fuel to the fire, at one point Gilmore said that Arizona got "Gypped" on one play, apparently not realizing the insensitivity of that word.

Gilmore and his sidekick Dave Fleming will also be calling the UO/Stanford game. Both are Stanford graduates.

Just a little more intrigue for this game.

Agree with Q12 that politics need to stay in the politics board.

No love for WSU @ Cal which is a matchup of two 1-3 teams?  Is Cal the best 1-3 team out there?

Thankfully despite CU's zero for USC record, the Buffs have been giving the same treatment back via men's basketball. 

Archived