Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

• 1 month later...

UCLA released the renderings of their football facilities.

www.UCLAFootballFacility.com

Official Release:

The UCLA Athletic Department has released preliminary renderings of its new Football Performance Center, it was announced today. The renderings by ZGF Architects LLP (ZGF), an award-winning architectural, planning, and interior design firm selected by the UCLA Athletic Department to design the new facility, can be viewed at uclafootballfacility.com.

Since the official public announcement of the campaign to raise private funds for a comprehensive football facility back on September 24, 2013, the UCLA Athletic Department has received approximately $40 million in cash and pledges to date.

“The tremendous commitment to our football program, be it from Coach Mora, Heisman Trophy candidate Brett Hundley or AD Dan Guerrero, has been well documented,” said Josh Rebholz, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations. “And I’m proud to report that our Bruin family is stepping up and committing as well. To raise $40 million in little more than six months for this facility is truly remarkable, but now more than ever, we need everyone who loves UCLA to keep pushing forward and not rest until we get this project completely funded.”

The ZGF-designed, state-of-the-art facility will be located on the west side of Spaulding Field and is intended to house a locker room, athletic training area, strength and conditioning facility, coaches’ offices, team meeting rooms, equipment rooms and video rooms, in addition to several elements that will feature the storied history of UCLA Football. Notably, ZGF, whose dedication to design excellence has resulted in a nationally-recognized reputation for creativity and quality, completed work on the University of Oregon’s athletic facilities which includes the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex (Football Performance Center).

For more information or to become involved in the UCLA Football Training Facility campaign, contact Josh Rebholz at 310-206-3302, or visit www.UCLAFootballFacility.com.

1301129.jpg

1301133.jpg

1301135.jpg

1301134.jpg

There is some mixed reactions to the facility as it looks a lot like an office building. I think the concept of the middle open area is pretty cool, but it's going to have to look better in person than on paper.

It looks like they'll be getting to 60 million in donations/pledges after everything is said and done.

I think with Mora getting pretty much free reign to do whatever he wants and being on the ground floor of all of this, it makes it harder to see him leaving for the NFL

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetopstories/ci_25744220/cu-boulder-proceeding-143m-athletics-expansion-despite-not

CU is going ahead with the $143 million facilities project even if the fundraising goal hasn't been met.

Check @cubuffs for pictures of the groundbreaking with a backhoe getting ready to rip out the northeast corner seating.

BndcTWHCAAApVFj.jpg

So, does that mean the Buffs are getting a swimming and diving team? I pity the poor sap that has to swim the 100 meter fly through Ralphies legs.

LOL...that's for the student rec center at CU.  Having a pool shaped like the CU athleic logo is still cool tho.

CU hasn't had swimming teams since half a dozen teams were eliminated in 1980 thanks to Title IX.  Baseball was one of those sports cut.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk leaking out of a planned new club at the peristyle end of the coliseum that will serve alcohol on game-days. Apparently it will be "outside" the stadium so outside Pac-12 regulation. Wouldn't be surprised if it was only avail for big boosters & season ticket holders, like Cal's.

Oh, I guess that's not an athletic facility -- so OT

Talk leaking out of a planned new club at the peristyle end of the coliseum that will serve alcohol on game-days. Apparently it will be "outside" the stadium so outside Pac-12 regulation. Wouldn't be surprised if it was only avail for big boosters & season ticket holders, like Cal's.

Oh, I guess that's not an athletic facility -- so OT

Cal might have gotten worse since the new stadium but I can't tell you how awesome it is to watch a college football game with all you can drink top shelf booze, and an all you can eat buffet that includes a sushi chef, all kinda of BBQ, and a guy from cold stone ice cream serving 12 different flavors. It really makes losing easier to stomach...

• PAC MAN changed the title to Athlethic Facilities
  • PAC MAN changed the title to Athletic Facilities