Saturday

UW @ OSU

UA @ CU

UCLA @ Stan

Sunday

ASU @ Utah

USC @ Cal

WSU @ OSU

This week could see a shakeup in the conference standings.

Big time week for CU...their last two home games of the season before closing out at Utah, Stanford, and Cal.  CU's RPI is still high at this point but it's possible CU plays itself out of the NCAA tourney beginning this week.  Utah is on the outside looking in for the tourney but the Utes have a chance to improve their RPI before the conference tourney.

UA could lose the Pac-12 regular season championship this week.  ASU is pretty much in the same boat as CU...the Sun Devils will have to put their recent win over UA in the rearview mirror or it could be an ugly end to the season.

As I take a look at the standings, I'm like WTH Oregon?  A game behind the Beavers?  This week could determine how the Ducks will finish the season and whether the Beavers eke out a winnning season.  Does that mean OSU won't have to fire Obama's brother in law?

Is the count down to WSU hiring a new coach underway?  WSU could finish the season with 20+ losses.  Will there be any money left, after spending it on Leach and Martin Stadium, for a new MBB coach?  There is an oppournity for UW to finish the season on a high note.

Cal has a shot at the regular season crown granted they beat UCLA this week and pull off a stunner in Tucson next week.  Likewise, Stanford has a good chance to end the regular season on a strong note.

Big week for UCLA's chances at the regular season title.  Bug will have to actually root for the Pac-12's newest members this week to sweep Arizona.  Dunk City has been more of Dud City...at least their coach knows how to build a program from scratch.

I think Cal sweeps this week. Team played its best 30 minutes of the season on Saturday at UW after using the first 10 to fall behind by 14.

Tyrone Wallace has really turned into a solid player for Cal. Terrific length, great defender, lethal in transition, great at slashing and finally developing a reliable outside shot.

If our 5-star Jabari Bird started doing anything at all then this team would be pretty damn good. Injuries have slowed the progress of Bird as well as our other SF (Krekelow). Now we have 2 SF's instead of 0, which is more ideal.

I'm still trying to figure out why USC decided to play their best game of the season against Cal as we didn't play that bad in our loss to the Trojans.

oregon has to sweep.

a testament to the strength of this league that oregon could free fall like they have and still have a top 40 rpi.

I noticed that too.  I truly believe in the Pac-12 basketball brand becoming the strongest BCS basketball conference after the ACC.

Huge game tomorrow at the Huntsman Center when Arizona comes to town. The game is basically already sold out, and will be an awesome atmosphere. If Utah can pull the upset then they still have a chance at an At-large bid.

ASU mugged CU in Boulder after CU whipped the Mildcats earlier in the week.  At least CU gets ASU first this week for a change.

Wow, Syracuse lost to lowly Boston College at home today.  I figured it was going to be a road game down the stretch that took down the Orange.  Tony Bennett only got as high as #2 in the Pac but is sitting at #1 in the ACC with the best Cavalier team since Ralph Sampson.

Jordan Loveridge picked a horrible night to have a bad game.  Almost Utah, almost.

Not all on him....plenty of WTF to go around with missed FT, turnovers, etc.  Not to take away from AZ....they are consistent and grind, grind, grind.  Despite the loss, I'm happy with the progress in this young team.....next year, I doubt I'm as gracious.

Big win for the Buffs over ASU moving CU into 3rd place in the Pac 12.  Buffs defense and rebounding simply dominant through most of this game.  Frustrating to think of what this team would be doing without Dinwiddie missing the year with an ACL and the other injuries we've battled through.  

Gameday at Boulder Saturnday for Zona/CU.  Should be fun.  Hopefully we can get the sweep over the Arizona schools at home.  

Wow, Syracuse lost to lowly Boston College at home today.  I figured it was going to be a road game down the stretch that took down the Orange.  Tony Bennett only got as high as #2 in the Pac but is sitting at #1 in the ACC with the best Cavalier team since Ralph Sampson.

I feel for WSU...they could have had a heck of a coach instead of Keith Bone.  Any word on if Bone is on his way out of Pullman?

Big win for the Buffs over ASU moving CU into 3rd place in the Pac 12.  Buffs defense and rebounding simply dominant through most of this game.  Frustrating to think of what this team would be doing without Dinwiddie missing the year with an ACL and the other injuries we've battled through.  

Gameday at Boulder Saturnday for Zona/CU.  Should be fun.  Hopefully we can get the sweep over the Arizona schools at home.  

So happy CU beat ASU last night.  Would love to see CU beat ASU in football sooner than later.

GameDay in Boulder really speaks about how much CU basketball has turned around from five-six years ago when the Buffs were in the basement of the Big 12 along with the women's team.  Buff fans would be estastic to see a similiar turnaround in football.

Glad Ivan Rabb got to see Cal handle UCLA pretty easy because, you know, we are horrible on the road. (really just on the second game of the road trip)

I told you we'd.... whoops.  Ivan Rabb is an Arizona silent.  Working my Bishop O'Dowd Alumni connections for that one. 

Ivan Rabb also got to see Cal upset #1 Arizona but it's all moot.  

my new favorite thing is waiting till after a colorado game so we can hear what life would have been like if dinwiddie hadn't been hurt.

Dinwiddle might still go to the NBA after this season.

This season is a good building block for the future of CU basketball.  I never have seen such a bright future from all the tenants from one facility at CU such as the Coors Events Center which houses the two basketball teams and the volleyball team.  It appears that CU will have all three coaches for many years to come.

I can't wait to see you crying about CU football down the road.  Start chewing that gum.

Just read Buffzone. Didn't know that before Boyle, CU had four 20 win seasons in school history. Now Boyle just got his fourth at CU. CU has won conference championships and played in several Final Fours in the past but this is really the first time in my lifetime that CU has sustained success in basketball.

Looking at the Pac-12 standings, it appears to me that if UA wins in Boulder tomorrow, it makes the road to clinching the regular season title easier.  If UA loses, the door is ajar for UCLA to win the regular season title granted that UA loses another game while the Bruins win out.  UA's win at Utah has about mathematically eliminated CU, ASU, and the Bay Area schools from winning the conference title.  I recall talking about the conference champ losing no more than four conference games in any given season and it appears that it will be the case again this season.

This weekend's game in Boulder is huge.  ESPN GameDay.  The growing rivalry between those two.  CU's Senior Day.  First Round Byes in the Pac-12 Conference tourney is in play especially for CU.

Next week will see the Bay Area schools visit the Arizona schools.  UO-UCLA would have been meaningful if the Ducks had a better W-L record.

Archived