Board Improvement & Recruitment

Scscsc89

Here's something you can all help with, with minimal effort.

I have started a Twitter acct for the board at www.twitter.com/pac12board

Every day or so, I post a link to a new thread with hopes it may draw new people to the site,

What I am looking for is specific school #hashtags I can use that may hook the attention of your fanbase. Ideas?

#GoBeavs is probably the most common OSU hashtag, tho like Molerat says, #FireRiley was also heavily used.

#GoDucks, #WinTheDay, stuff like that maybe for Oregon?

I'm clueless on the other stuff.  #ICantBreathe for Cal?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#GoBeavs is probably the most common OSU hashtag, tho like Molerat says, #FireRiley was also heavily used.

#GoDucks, #WinTheDay, stuff like that maybe for Oregon?

I'm clueless on the other stuff.  #ICantBreathe for Cal?

No way man.  Football and basketball are fascist distractions that serve to tranquilize the proletariat into accepting their servitude to the man, man. 

• 5 months later...

I have enjoyed this site but it has become an attack page. Rather than discussing items and looking for solutions, we look for ways to bring each other down.  I find myself in the same situation.  I've gotten to know a few of the posters and the four I know have basically stopped posting due to the attacks by a few people.  I am contemplating the same of moving to other sites or starting my own page. 

i thought you and i were having an interesting discussion the other day, relatively pleasant, and you abandoned it. there are attacks (though i think i overlook them more because when i was recruited to this site i was told it was more or less a jim rome smackdown-esqu site) but there's plenty of civil discourse. this is amateur hour compared to how toxic most political boards go with bi-partisan participation.

Just look at the MWC Board...it could have been worse or better depending on what you like.

I came to this board because it is a P12 board and I probably was banned by the biggest CU fan site because I dared to say that a Denver Post writer was right for saying CU belonged in the MWC just days before CU accepted the P12 invite. That writer made the suggestion since CU's admin seemed to not care about CU athletics at all. Now given the fact that CU has invested $200M in athletic facilities alone of late, that suggestion sounds moronic in hindsight.

I'm not afraid to speak my opinion whether it sounds brilliant or idiotic. Only time will tell how that pans out just like that Denver Post article from 2010 that I referred to.

And I enjoy being the lone CU fan most of the time so I can tell the Utah fans, "You and what army"? just like Junior Seau when he advertised NFL GameSay 97 for the Playstation or something like that. The best is yet to come for CU-Utah and the same for CU-P12. It'll be more fun once CU gets going and we see who CU's other rivals will be besides Utah (still think it will be the AZ schools).

This board is my third home after being on two Big 12 boards for 11 or 12 years and this is year five for me on a P12 board. I'm soon at my average years spent on a message board quota...maybe you won't be hearing those anti-commie rants from me for much longer. Or about when CU will kick every P12 team in the rear. Everyone likes to have that new car smell every once in awhile.

People will always come and go even on message boards for many different reasons. And you can always tune other posters out on message boards.

I stay away from the political side of the board. Nothing good comes from it as people get too heated.

It is unfortunate that we tend to gang up on ridiculous takes but it's the nature of all boards

I think over the past year or so people -- including myself -- have been far better behaved than in years past with one *******ing exception that has since been removed.

To put it another way, the days of CF.com appear to be way behind us. 

I think there is also safety in numbers. When you are the lone representative of your school, it's harder to have conversations. For Jalapeños sake, I give him credit for sticking it mostly out when Buffalo soldier and ocbuff bailed when Embree didn't lead them to a title

Those on the bandwagon jumped,off. Those who thought USC's success made its posters tough guys (thundering turd and USC dominates among them) wimped out. There were some decent USC posters that disappeared as well (the dentist and a couple of others). Hats off to our Uscx3 for not being a pussy. (That's high praise for a Trojan.)

• 1 year later...

Sometimes when others post gifs, videos and twitter links they embed and play immediately. Sometimes they appear as a link. Sometimes when I click on the link the whole post disappears.

when I try to copy and paste a picture, it just disappears and you get a blank post.

Archived