All Hail

2016 -- and Beyond -- Basketball Recruiting

MrBug708    557

I think Howland was too devoted to his system in-game and then changed it too drastically, but I'll say this about Altman, he is way more consistent than Howland. But as for developing players, Howland was onenpf the best in Pac -12 history. Shame he was just too rigid at the wrong times. Getting elite players seemed to be his downfall.  But those three final four runs were great to watch. Shame they didn't happen over the past 4 or 5 years because I don't think two of those teams lose a game. But other teams are profiting as ucla steps on its own dick with a terrible coaching hire

glduck    1,431

our old friend mops is saying king won't even be the jewel of this class.

if that's not just smoke to get subscribers i'm intrigued. 

RogueDuck    302

I don't know who mops is hinting about, he banned me and many others when he got Jhop fired, but I'm hoping he's talking about the kid from IMG RJ Barrett.  I've read that he thinks UO lands Emmitt Williams, who looks like Jordan Bell 2.0.

glduck    1,431

duke and kentucky are the obvious co-leaders (or whatever, i don't care) for barrett but Mops is trying to sell the fact that we've gotten this far with him so there may be something there. he's visiting this weekend i believe, a day after another 5 star kid committed. timing could be worse, but obviously i'll believe the top ranked player in the class will be committing to oregon when i see it. 

bol bol headlines a big recruiting visit next weekend for the cal game. i know bol is an arizona lean, but he'll be visiting alongside emmitt williams and eric ayala. rogue is right about dort.

All Hail    961

With Oregon landing King and UCLA floundering, Jordan Brown is a virtual lock to Cal.  He visited last week and wanted to visit again this week for the USC football game.  Unfortunately, he is having some back issues and is going to the doctor instead.  Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come for Brown. 

dtd    13

The inside scoop, which multiple people have, is that there's a group text(or twitter whatever) with Bol Bol, Barrett, Williams, King and Norris. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Emmitt-Williams-85996

http://247sports.com/Player/Bol-Bol-82110

http://247sports.com/Player/RJ-Barrett-88046

All 3 of whom are visiting the Ducks. 

And Dort: http://247sports.com/Player/Luguentz-Dort-86620

It's a pipe dream. We should be ecstatic to land Dort alone. 

MrBug708    557

Melo Ball was pulled from school and will be home schooled his last two years. Pretty safe to say he will never play in college. Watching clips from the TV show, Melo and Lonzo are signing autographs, getting free things, and doing more or less the same things while gelo isn't allowed to because of eligibility rules. I'm hoping Lonzo playing in the NBA and Melo on a travel circuit will let Gelo just exist on the bench at ucla

PapaG    69
57 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Melo Ball was pulled from school and will be home schooled his last two years. Pretty safe to say he will never play in college. Watching clips from the TV show, Melo and Lonzo are signing autographs, getting free things, and doing more or less the same things while gelo isn't allowed to because of eligibility rules. I'm hoping Lonzo playing in the NBA and Melo on a travel circuit will let Gelo just exist on the bench at ucla

Is it worth having Gelo on the Bruins if Melo is out of the Bruin picture?  He's easily the least talented player of the three brothers.  Why put up with the Lavar Clown Show?  Melo seems like a solid WCC player for Pepperdine or Loyala Marymount, doesn't he?

MrBug708    557

Most likely but I'm sure there are shady things with Lavar and with Lonzo, Alford is probably fired. But we also have four more scholarships available for this next class that we can't fill so it's not like we are short on scholarships

MrBug708    557

Sounds like ucla is going to land Jules Bernard here soon enough. They've been the leader since the beginning but looks like the end of his recruitment is near 

MrBug708    557

Looking more and more like top prospect Cassius Stanley will reclassify to the C/O 2018, his original class. Factors seem to want him local, so with the FBI probe going on, Alford might just luck into him. In the c/O 2019, Onyeka Okongwu probably now favors ucla as well because of the probe, which is turning into Alfords best friend and saving grace at the moment .

Ucla is also about to land a wing FRO M monverde academy in Florida, Kevin Zhang. They usually land a lot of international kids. He's probably not ucla level but when you are hurting for kids in your recruiting class, things happen like this

MrBug708    557

Bol Bol down to Nike School 1 and Nike School 2, er Kentucky and Oregon. Probably going to be Oregon since his mom is still pissed that he was cut from the national team, which is coached by Calpari

glduck    1,431

i don't follow this stuff close enough... a few weeks back all i heard was that dort was all oregon, i check Twitter yesterday morning and all the recruiting guys (and even an Oregonian beat writer) are all saying dort to asu was a done deal and for duck fans not to waste their time watching the announcement. dunno what happened.

between dort and elliot williams now being toxic our super class now rests on the two best players in the country.