2016 -- and Beyond -- Basketball Recruiting

All Hail

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golden State players -- particularly Matt Barnes -- trash Utah and the city of Salt Lake.  I'm not sure why they are so worried about night life during the playoffs but I'm sure context is important here.  The Warriors don't exactly have a bunch of guys known for partying.  Curry, Thompson and Durant are probably 3 of the tamest stars in the NBA. 

"The problem with Utah is that you're just sitting there and your mind is like dead, because in L.A., you still got energy for the game," Andre Iguodala said. "Because you're in L.A., you're like, 'Man, this is just the vibe in L.A.' but in Utah, it can kind of lull you to sleep. And then you've slept too long or I'm bored out of my mind and now you got to try to pump yourself up for the game. You know you're in the playoffs and you're supposed to be pumped anyway, but the vibe is just like, 'Man, let's just get out of here.'"

"There's no nightlife in Utah." "You sit in your room," he said on Sunday. "I think there's an Olive Garden out there and then a Benihana. So, you'll definitely be locked in [on the game] all the way. L.A., you have a few more dinner options. You've got the beach right there and the sun, and I got family. I think as players, we're pulling to go to L.A." - Matt Barnes

"It's the playoff," he said. "Nobody worried about nightlife during the playoffs." - Draymond Green 

The Bowen recruitment is fascinating the kid has 4 times now said he's going to announce and then pushed it back. Creighton hired a former LaLumiere coach and became the favorite, then DePaul hired the current coach and became a co favorite. You have to get some players to rebuild a program so a couple of guys like him and Campbell would be a great start for DePaul. They have to keep guys home in Chicago which won't be easy but if they can there's plenty of talent to get.

19 minutes ago, glduck said:

we're getting to the point where altman could strangle a baby on live television and i'd defend it as sound strategy and make a point to mention how ernie kent wouldn't have the wrist strength.

I'm just amazed that a political conservative like Altman is doing well in liberal Eugene.  John Canzano said it was a bad fit and he's always right so it defies all logic.   Crapzano is still putting his money on Tinkle!

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2015/07/canzano_still_not_buying_what.html

I notice the Oregonian got rid of the hundreds of comments mocking Canzano for this steaming pile of shit.  Coward. Well worth reading again though.  You can almost taste the tears falling onto Crapzano's keyboard as he put this rant to print.

15 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Great pick up for the Ducks. I hope UCLA can land one of Bagley or Brown now as Norris was both an Earl Watson kid as well as an UA kid. Talent wise, he's behind both Brown and Bagley, but better than O'Neal at the post.

I think O'Neal landing Tucson swung this one to the Ducks. I like these very high 4 star/low 5 star guys that are likely to stay for 2 years. I don't think much stands out about Norris' game other than that he's 6'10 and can do most basketball things. Potential, but not a sure fire one and done guy. 

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Brian-Bowen-at-La-Lumiere-School-156190/CurrentExpertPredictions

On 5/17/2017 at 2:27 AM, MrBug708 said:

Chase Jeter to Arizona

I think he's always been way overrated.  Rabb destroyed him in HS twice and he looked lost at Duke.  Couldn't get minutes in a very weak front court relative to what they usually have. 

On 5/13/2017 at 8:05 AM, MrBug708 said:

Paris Austin to Cal?

Beggars can't be choosers.  He's got a Chance to be a good player as he had major improvement during his sophomore year.  However,  shooting 21% from 3 at 6'1 is not going to get it done.  His assists a very low for a pg as well but one glance at our roster and I'm happy to have him. 

Archived