2016 -- and Beyond -- Basketball Recruiting

All Hail

when he committed to okie, i said he was the most impactful in-state recruit since love/singler. not the highest rated -- i doubt he reaches, say, wiltjer or jones levels -- but the recruit who will go on to have the best collegiate career.

and now he's ours!

(and yes, by celebrating a recruit before he signs, i know i just did the exact thing i always roll my eyes at)

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. I'd say most top 300 kids probably visit about 15 schools multiple times. UCLA has plenty of unofficial visitors. I'd imagine most kids visit a lot of schools regionally. I can only imagine how many kids from the south visit some of the SEC schools.

Yes. I'd say most top 300 kids probably visit about 15 schools multiple times. UCLA has plenty of unofficial visitors. I'd imagine most kids visit a lot of schools regionally. I can only imagine how many kids from the south visit some of the SEC schools.

Recruits only get 5 official visits, and he's taking one of them to UO this weekend.

Jayce Johnson reclassifying to the 2015 class?  Cal is the only team on his list that has an open scholly (sorry Utah.) It would be pretty sweet if we added the #2 center in the 2016 class to our 2015 team.  This would allow Rabb to play a lot more minutes at the 4 and address the biggest weakness on the team -- depth/talent at the 5. 

Yep. Josh Gershon â€@JoshGershon  23m

2016 Santa Monica (Calif.) center Jayce Johnson will reclassify to 2015 and commit shortly: http://foxs.pt/1FX3nA3 

“It gives him a semester of college training and development rather than high school. He’ll compete with potential NBA draft picks everyday wherever he goes.â€

Am I readying too much into this? 

An interesting twist to this story is that of the three finalists on Johnson’s list, Cal is the only one with a scholarship to give for 2015, meaning if Johnson chooses Utah or Colorado, he’ll be a walk-on and his family will pay his own way once he enrolls in December.

That said, the family is very open to paying his own way for a semester.  (what a slap in the face it would be if the family paid 30-40k for him to go to Utah or Colorado rather than committing to Cal.)

Jayce Johnson reclassifying to the 2015 class? Cal is the only team on his list that has an open scholly (sorry Utah.) It would be pretty sweet if we added the #2 center in the 2016 class to our 2015 team. This would allow Rabb to play a lot more minutes at the 4 and address the biggest weakness on the team -- depth/talent at the 5.

With his parents willing to pay for a semester,I'm liking Utah's chances since Poeltl is most definitely headed for the NBA at seasons end.

Archived