Oregon Calls the Cops on P12N

Scscsc89

UO should have to surrender some of the TV money.

The only reason Wazzu has that TV money is because of USC and Oregon in football, and to a lesser degree, Arizona and UCLA in basketball. Just be happy that WSU gets an even share.

The only reason Wazzu has that TV money is because of USC and Oregon in football, and to a lesser degree, Arizona and UCLA in basketball. Just be happy that WSU gets an even share.

hell if you said stupid shit like this on espn i probably did make fun of you.

I dont think it was the WSU comment that was comical. I think the fact that you thought Oregon was a driving force behind the contract. Team performance doesnt mean much, otherwise we wouldn't have bothered to include Colorado and would have kicked out Arizona and UW as well

I dont think it was the WSU comment that was comical. I think the fact that you thought Oregon was a driving force behind the contract. Team performance doesnt mean much, otherwise we wouldn't have bothered to include Colorado and would have kicked out Arizona and UW as well

Oregon football is a national brand. Same with USC. Oregon football attracts more eyeballs than Wazzu football. That's a fact. Thinking otherwise is stupid. Wazzu without the USCs, UCLAs, and Oregon would be making MWC money. Nobody is paying big money to watch Wazzu football.

Oregon football is a national brand. Same with USC. Oregon football attracts more eyeballs than Wazzu football. That's a fact. Thinking otherwise is stupid. Wazzu without the USCs, UCLAs, and Oregon would be making MWC money. Nobody is paying big money to watch Wazzu football.

but that's not what drives television contracts. 

what deal was that? the only east coast station i remember working out a deal for was the YES Network, where we paid Steinbrenner $50k (that number comes from the depths of my memory thirteen years after the deal was struck) to air our games on tape delay.

was there something else?

but that's not what drives television contracts.

Marketable commodities don't drive TV contracts? That's news to me. TV providers make money from subscriptions and advertising revenue.

Which game would a company pay more money for to advertise. Oregon State v Wazzu, or Oregon v Wazzu.

I didn't realize that you're an idiot. I should have known already due to your "were you on ESPN???" memory.

Marketable commodities don't drive TV contracts? That's news to me. TV providers make money from subscriptions and advertising revenue.

Which game would a company pay more money for to advertise. Oregon State v Wazzu, or Oregon v Wazzu.

I didn't realize that you're an idiot. I should have known already due to your "were you on ESPN???" memory.

the ncaa's willie lyles ruling doesn't go in our favor. oregon is hit with crippling sanctions, and we go 7-5 for the next decade. we're as irrelevant to casual TV viewers as any other foster farms bowl participant.

each team in the conference still reaps its $20 mil/annual haul. why is that?

the ncaa's willie lyles ruling doesn't go in our favor. oregon is hit with crippling sanctions, and we go 7-5 for the next decade. we're as irrelevant to casual TV viewers as any other foster farms bowl participant.

each team in the conference still reaps its $20 mil/annual haul. why is that?

Gibberish. The NCAA/Lyles investigation was a joke. Oregon was over punished because the NCAA found some minor violations, none of which had to anything to do with Lyles, during a two year investigation.

Are you an idiot? I'm seriously considering that possibility at this point.

jesus. lyles wasn't the point, the point was that oregon can slide back into mediocrity and everyone still gets their fat contract money. the pac-12 network revenue was a result of the collection of large markets under the pac-12 umbrella, not oregon's "marquee" contributions to ratings. program success is always cyclical, television markets aren't.

this is all fairly basic stuff. you should stop and just issue a mea culpa before you embarrass yourself further.

jesus. lyles wasn't the point, the point was that oregon can slide back into mediocrity and everyone still gets their fat contract money. the pac-12 network revenue was a result of the collection of large markets under the pac-12 umbrella, not oregon's "marquee" contributions to ratings. program success is always cyclical, television markets aren't.

this is all fairly basic stuff. you should stop and just issue a mea culpa before you embarrass yourself further.

The contract is based to some degree on projected ad revenue to hit the maximum of it. This was known from the beginning of the deal. If ad sales go down, so does the 1/12 share each year. If all of the Pac 12 starts to suck, so does the ad revenue

You are an idiot, aren't you.

Archived