NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trubisky was good against the second to fourth string Broncos D but the way he played, I can see him taking over the starting QB job sooner than later with his ability to move around.  Just checked FoxSports.com and there is an article about the brewing QB controversy in Chicago.  Broncos had a pick six against the Bears starting QB as well.

And Don, I do like that PFF stuff as well...hopefully it doesn't get into your head. B)

51 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Trubisky was good against the second to fourth string Broncos D but the way he played, I can see him taking over the starting QB job sooner than later with his ability to move around.  Just checked FoxSports.com and there is an article about the brewing QB controversy in Chicago.  Broncos had a pick six against the Bears starting QB as well.

And Don, I do like that PFF stuff as well...hopefully it doesn't get into your head. B)

To be fair, Denver didn't throw anything complicated at Truisky on defense. They stayed in simple man coverage all game. Furthermore, my understanding is that Glennon was already named the starter. So Trubisky was playing loose, it was a no pressure situation for him.

kasen williams had a monster game, but i think he's competing for a spot on another team. hawks are loaded at receiver. 

trubisky was ok but his biggest play happened because 2 broncos fell down. that said, glennon is more giraffe than man and despite his *hilarious* contract isn't holding onto that job for long.

15 hours ago, glduck said:

kasen williams had a monster game, but i think he's competing for a spot on another team. hawks are loaded at receiver. 

trubisky was ok but his biggest play happened because 2 broncos fell down. that said, glennon is more giraffe than man and despite his *hilarious* contract isn't holding onto that job for long.

Yeah Glennon wont be the starter long, I just would be cautious about any young QB until you start to see them have to process the field in front of them with a fully functioning NFL defense. At no point has the college game done so little to prepare a QB to run an offense at the pro level.

2 hours ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

Yeah Glennon wont be the starter long, I just would be cautious about any young QB until you start to see them have to process the field in front of them with a fully functioning NFL defense. At no point has the college game done so little to prepare a QB to run an offense at the pro level.

So true...maybe he has a future in baseball too? B)

Just watched part of the Broncos-49ers preseason.  First of all, any 49er fan has my sympathy...they just suck...four turnovers in the 1H.

Trevor Siemian is clearly the starter for the Broncos and I'm ready to write Paxton Lynch off as another first round bust at QB...yes I'm that cold sometimes.  Siemian comes in with about five minutes to go in the 2Q and the Broncos offensive players respond to him and he leads them to a TD drive.  Then Siemian leads the backups on another scoring drive with a FG due to the OL getting called for flags.  Siemian is the starting Broncos QB for this season period after leading two different offensive units to scores.

Head Coach Vance Joseph was not happy with former Ute Bolles at LT especially since Bolles had two holding calls against him and that could eventually cost Lynch the starting QB job...Bolles won't be getting a Christmas card from Lynch for sure.  Sad to say that Stephenson or Sambrillo might be better options and I'm willing to give Bolles the benefit of the doubt but there were some publications saying that Bolles could be a bust as well and unfortunately they might be right in that case as well.

As for Lynch, the great Broncos D without the likes of Von Miller starting got two turnovers for Lynch plus a special teams gaffe as well but Lynch couldn't punch it into the endzone except for that TD run by CJ Anderson.  Siemian comes in after another 49ers turnover and leads the Broncos to a TD drive despite a phantom holding call.

That DeAngelo Henderson looks legit.  That Broncos RB corps could be crowded.

While the Broncos answered some questions tonight, I'm pretty reserved in my expectations for this upcoming season.  Making the playoffs would be a good accomplishment and doable but like I have said in the past, either the Buffs or Broncos are good while the other isn't that great.  The Buffs would be the good team at this point so you have a good idea of what my prediction for the Broncos is going to be and that is not making the playoffs this season.  AFC West schedules are brutal this year with the AFC & NFC East divisions on their schedules.  I'm thinking only one AFC West team makes the playoffs and it's probably the Raiders.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:15 PM, Jalapeno said:

Just watched part of the Broncos-49ers preseason.  First of all, any 49er fan has my sympathy...they just suck...four turnovers in the 1H.

Trevor Siemian is clearly the starter for the Broncos and I'm ready to write Paxton Lynch off as another first round bust at QB...yes I'm that cold sometimes.  Siemian comes in with about five minutes to go in the 2Q and the Broncos offensive players respond to him and he leads them to a TD drive.  Then Siemian leads the backups on another scoring drive with a FG due to the OL getting called for flags.  Siemian is the starting Broncos QB for this season period after leading two different offensive units to scores.

Head Coach Vance Joseph was not happy with former Ute Bolles at LT especially since Bolles had two holding calls against him and that could eventually cost Lynch the starting QB job...Bolles won't be getting a Christmas card from Lynch for sure.  Sad to say that Stephenson or Sambrillo might be better options and I'm willing to give Bolles the benefit of the doubt but there were some publications saying that Bolles could be a bust as well and unfortunately they might be right in that case as well.

As for Lynch, the great Broncos D without the likes of Von Miller starting got two turnovers for Lynch plus a special teams gaffe as well but Lynch couldn't punch it into the endzone except for that TD run by CJ Anderson.  Siemian comes in after another 49ers turnover and leads the Broncos to a TD drive despite a phantom holding call.

That DeAngelo Henderson looks legit.  That Broncos RB corps could be crowded.

While the Broncos answered some questions tonight, I'm pretty reserved in my expectations for this upcoming season.  Making the playoffs would be a good accomplishment and doable but like I have said in the past, either the Buffs or Broncos are good while the other isn't that great.  The Buffs would be the good team at this point so you have a good idea of what my prediction for the Broncos is going to be and that is not making the playoffs this season.  AFC West schedules are brutal this year with the AFC & NFC East divisions on their schedules.  I'm thinking only one AFC West team makes the playoffs and it's probably the Raiders.

What publications? Provide a link. By almost every account, Bolles has looked fantastic. He had a rough game on Saturday, but both of those penalties were for basically being too aggressive, which is something the Broncos want to see. (One of the holding calls was a 50/50 call at best.) Bolles will be starting at LT, and there has been little doubt about that for some time now. The question is who do you keep among Sambrailo and Stephenson as a swing/reserve player.

Lynch sucking had absolutely nothing to do with Bolles. Where do you come up with this shit?

1 hour ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

What publications? Provide a link. By almost every account, Bolles has looked fantastic. He had a rough game on Saturday, but both of those penalties were for basically being too aggressive, which is something the Broncos want to see. (One of the holding calls was a 50/50 call at best.) Bolles will be starting at LT, and there has been little doubt about that for some time now. The question is who do you keep among Sambrailo and Stephenson as a swing/reserve player.

Lynch sucking had absolutely nothing to do with Bolles. Where do you come up with this shit?

Here's one of them:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2017/05/02/2017-nfl-draft-five-first-round-picks-with-really-big-bust-potential/?utm_term=.0d386e2785ce

5. Garett Bolles, OT, Broncos (Round 1, No. 20 overall)

There are two reasons we at PFF rated former Utah OT Garett Bolles lower than most. The first: Bolles led the nation with 17 penalties a season ago. At a position where attention to detail and consistency is extremely important, that’s a red flag. The second: Bolles allowed 20 total pressures a season ago on 472 pass-blocking snaps. Of all the tackles drafted in the first round of the last three drafts, only Seattle’s Germain Ifedi and Cincinnati’s Cedric Ogbuehi surrendered more during their last season of college. That’s not great company. Bolles has a physicality in the run game that you can’t teach, but tackle is first and foremost a pass-protecting position. Denver’s pass protection was a disaster last year, with the two tackles ranked 51st and 58th in PFF’s pass-blocking efficiency metric (out of 61 eligible players), so the bar is low. With a first-round pick, however, the expectations are high.

Bolles didn't help Lynch with those holds that were called against him.

I'd keep Sambrailo at this point and cut Stephenson.  Stephenson was one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL last season.

Archived