NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders land Sean Smith.  The Raiders are spending money and landing players like they have every intention of making the playoffs this year.  Who knew that Reggie McKenzie would turn out to be a damn good GM.  This is already his best work with FA's since he's been a Raider and he's nailed two drafts in a row.  If he nails another draft I will have gone from, get this guy out of here to pay this man whatever he wants!  The fact that the Raiders have this much talent on a roster after Reggie inherited a cap nightmare with no picks is a modern day miracle. 

More Raiders (sorry): The Raiders have spent 65 million in guaranteed money on 3 players: Osemele, Smith, and Irvin.  However, the Giants have spent an amazing 105 million in guaranteed money on Vernon, Harrison, and Jenkins.  Vernon's deal makes absolutely no sense to me.  Vernon has 29 sacks in 4 years, which according to Bug, is slightly better than basically accomplishing nothing.  He gets 85 million for 5 years and 52.5 million of it is guaranteed!   This is guy who at 25 has never been to a pro bowl and has never been named an all-pro.  If he is worth 52.5 million in guranteed money and gets a 5 year deal then just imagine how much an all-pro is worth.  To put this deal in perspective, 52.5 million is more than J.J. Watt got and he signed his deal only 17 months ago. 

I get it. You were hoping I'd have a comment about every single FA.

I was too busy lamenting over the failed hoops program at ucla.

Salty ;)

Yeah, that's it. 

The guy who misses my point and is using my own tag-line against me for the 2nd time this week clearly isn't salty :)  It's okay, I still got love for ya Bug. 

It'll be tough for the Broncos to replace Manning. If history is an indicator, it would probably mean Denver's run in the AFC West is nearing an end. After John Elway retired, Bubby Bristier replaced him and didn't work and was replaced by Brain Griese who didn't work. Then there was Jake Plummer who took the Broncos to the AFC CG and flamed out. Then you got Jay Cutler followed by a vet QB then Tebow before getting to Manning.

Elway and Kubiak are former QBs so they might get the right QB in there right away. Osweiler didn't want to be in Manning's shadow and had more money offered by the Texans so he took the easy way out.

I'm going to downgrade my expectations from Super Bowl champs that least AFC West champs or a playoff bid. If the Pats can stay healthy, I think they are the obvious choice for next season. That also depends on Tom Brady's age not catching up with him.

If the Broncos can land a beast at TE and RB, the Broncos should be okay.

I can't imagine that has anything to do with it.  He was set up to play behind a kickass defense and follow Manning's worst season of his career.

quiet FA for seattle so far. they let irvin and sweezy and mebane walk without offers, although i think they would have talked to irvin and mebane had they not been snatched up so quickly with big paydays. them's the breaks, can't sign everybody.

we did re-signed wr jermaine kearse, who is a nice safety net for RW and insurance in case paul richardson still isn't 100%. also re-signed cb jeremy lane, who i like a lot, and p jon ryan, which means we can declare free agency over now that we've taken care of the punter.

lt russell okung taking some trips back east. solid when healthy, but not always healthy. we're bringing in steelers lt kelvin beachum monday for a visit. i'd gladly swap. i'm not sure if the organization is just waiting for the big offers to simmer and make a few outside acquisitions once prices go down, but there are still several black holes along the offensive line. 

the hawks were just rewarded a 3rd rounder as a comp pick for the eagles signing byron maxwell last year, so we have four picks inside the top 100. two will go to o-linemen. have to. but then we're starting two rookies on a line we'll try to win a championship with........... // sigh

quiet FA for seattle so far. they let irvin and sweezy and mebane walk without offers, although i think they would have talked to irvin and mebane had they not been snatched up so quickly with big paydays. them's the breaks, can't sign everybody.

we did re-signed wr jermaine kearse, who is a nice safety net for RW and insurance in case paul richardson still isn't 100%. also re-signed cb jeremy lane, who i like a lot, and p jon ryan, which means we can declare free agency over now that we've taken care of the punter.

lt russell okung taking some trips back east. solid when healthy, but not always healthy. we're bringing in steelers lt kelvin beachum monday for a visit. i'd gladly swap. i'm not sure if the organization is just waiting for the big offers to simmer and make a few outside acquisitions once prices go down, but there are still several black holes along the offensive line. 

the hawks were just rewarded a 3rd rounder as a comp pick for the eagles signing byron maxwell last year, so we have four picks inside the top 100. two will go to o-linemen. have to. but then we're starting two rookies on a line we'll try to win a championship with........... // sigh

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-2012-draft-class-goes-from-mediocre-to-hugely-rich/

Even though Seattle let those players walk, if they draft as well as their 2012 class ended up, they'll do just fine. 

Irvin, first round (15th pick overall): $39 million total, $17 million guaranteed

Wagner, second round (47): $43 million, $22 million guaranteed

Wilson, third round (75): $87 million, $61.5 guaranteed.

Howard, fourth round (114): $12 million, $8.3 million guaranteed.

Lane, sixth round (172): $23 million, $11 million guaranteed.

Sweezy, seventh round (225): $32.5 million, $14.5 million guaranteed.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-cj-anderson-match-offer-sheet-miami-dolphins-super-bowl-running-back-031516

Broncos match Dolphins offer for CJ Anderson.  I suspect the Broncos will be running the ball more next season and I wouldn't be surprised if the recently acquired Mark Sanchez is the starting QB.  Looks like John Elway might be trying to build a Pac-12 alumni type of team LOL.

Q: why didn't the Titans make the trade.

They're the Titans, it's choices like this that define a bottom franchise. But let's be honest, they could have easily have made the trade, and then somehow only build an 8-8 team like the Rams did.

• PAC MAN changed the title to NFL Thread

Archived