MrBug708

Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here

MrBug708    557

Non-political, just for random questions/thoughts that don't need a whole thread devoted to it.

Over the past year or so, something called Crested Butte, has been advertising like crazy in the SoCal market. Has it always been a place to visit? I know Vail as the ski destination but it's all over the radio now.

Whoever decided that Cheeze-Its should have an "Extra Toasty" version should get a raise.

I got an ear infection. I've never met anyone over the age of 11 who had one. It hurts like hell.

All Hail    961

My brother gets ear infections all the time.  He also gets GIANT waxballs that get lodged in his ear.  Apparently, his ear canal is shaped funny and this also has the unfortunate side-effect of causing swimmers ear whenever he submerges his head underwater.

Also, what's the deal with Trader Joes?  I finally found a soup (Chicken Barley) that I love and they pull it from the shelves?  I haven't seen it in two weeks and I need to know of it's coming back.  

I love Cheeze-its so much, I think the reduced fat version is fantastic and I never like reduced fat anything. 

MrBug708    557

For some reason I havent bought into the cult of Trader Joes. The only time I ever stop by is when I'm looking to buy wine.

Orange    1,150

Non-political, just for random questions/thoughts that don't need a whole thread devoted to it.

Over the past year or so, something called Crested Butte, has been advertising like crazy in the SoCal market. Has it always been a place to visit? I know Vail as the ski destination but it's all over the radio now.

Whoever decided that Cheeze-Its should have an "Extra Toasty" version should get a raise.

I got an ear infection. I've never met anyone over the age of 11 who had one. It hurts like hell.

It's a ski area in Colorado.  Been around a long time, and is a cool spot, so I've heard.  

Anyone else use a FitBit?  That thing has fundamentally transformed my life.  I'm obsessed.  If I don't hit 12,000 steps a day, it genuinely affects my mood.

All Hail    961

It's a ski area in Colorado.  Been around a long time, and is a cool spot, so I've heard.  

Anyone else use a FitBit?  That thing has fundamentally transformed my life.  I'm obsessed.  If I don't hit 12,000 steps a day, it genuinely affects my mood.

I used to use a FitBit but the damn thing is annoying as hell around my wrist. It kept getting caught on random things and I came to the realization that I'm ok not knowing exactly how many steps I am taking a day.  The Iphone also has a step and stairs counter built in it but apparently it is slightly less accurate than a FitBit and I don't get to add friends like a FitBit.  I suppose I will live.  (Sorry to hate on FitBits.) 

Orange    1,150

I used to use a FitBit but the damn thing is annoying as hell around my wrist. It kept getting caught on random things and I came to the realization that I'm ok not knowing exactly how many steps I am taking a day.  The Iphone also has a step and stairs counter built in it but apparently it is slightly less accurate than a FitBit and I don't get to add friends like a FitBit.  I suppose I will live.  (Sorry to hate on FitBits.) 

Don't apologize at all, I also have a love/hate relationship to it.  Thinking of dumping it and just living my life.  I've never had problems staying in shape and so it's more or less become another thing chaining me to technology, a charger, my phone, etc.  

I've been planning a technology detox for some time.  Think I need to pull the trigger on it.

• Like 1

Scscsc89    987

I used my Fitbit for a few weeks then got an idea of how far 5 miles was on my regular routes. After that, there was no reason for it -- unless they figure out how to do calorie counting or something else cool with the software -- it's a pedometer.

Although I did put it on for Disneyland just for fun.18,000 steps!

Orange    1,150

I used my Fitbit for a few weeks then got an idea of how far 5 miles was on my regular routes. After that, there was no reason for it -- unless they figure out how to do calorie counting or something else cool with the software -- it's a pedometer.

Although I did put it on for Disneyland just for fun.18,000 steps!

(I'm gonna sound like one of those asshole one-uppers, but oh well) My record is 45,000 steps.  A buddy and I got lost hiking in the Eagle Cap Wilderness in northeastern Oregon.  500 flights of stairs in one day, 4500 calories, over 20 miles.  I don't know if I'll ever match that record.  Even hiking South Sister (3rd tallest mountain in Oregon) gets  you only about 11 miles and 25,000 steps.

All Hail    961

(I'm gonna sound like one of those asshole one-uppers, but oh well) My record is 45,000 steps.  A buddy and I got lost hiking in the Eagle Cap Wilderness in northeastern Oregon.  500 flights of stairs in one day, 4500 calories, over 20 miles.  I don't know if I'll ever match that record.  Even hiking South Sister (3rd tallest mountain in Oregon) gets  you only about 11 miles and 25,000 steps.

My record was 33,000 or so at a Cal football game.  I went for a run that day, then I walked to BART and took it to my brothers house.  My brother lives 3 miles from the stadium so we decided to get hammered at his spot (and you thought this was going to be a story about being healthy) and then walk there.  Did A lot of walking at the game and then walked all the way back to his house, then took BART and walked back to my house.  

KUGRDON    1,039

Nobody complained but I know that two pictures in a signature can be a pain so I deleted one. Got to leave one of my boys for a bit because I like seeing it.

MrBug708    557

Don - why do slurpee machines never work when it's cold? Once in a while I crave one and they are like pure liquid? Laziness or just no demand?

KUGRDON    1,039

I think it's just a matter of the freeze defrost cycle and serendipitous timing, or it could be a maintenance issue with those machines. I sell about 10,000 Slurpee's a month during the winter and it's much colder here than where you are.

Orange    1,150

My record was 33,000 or so at a Cal football game.  I went for a run that day, then I walked to BART and took it to my brothers house.  My brother lives 3 miles from the stadium so we decided to get hammered at his spot (and you thought this was going to be a story about being healthy) and then walk there.  Did A lot of walking at the game and then walked all the way back to his house, then took BART and walked back to my house.  

Hey, you got a run in.  That's healthy.

I got 35,000 when I did a half-marathon in Portland.  Walked a mile down to the start line, ran 13 miles, hobbled back to the hotel.  Walked around for dinner that night.  My legs felt like brittle toothpicks the next day.

I was just given a 6 pack of alcoholic root beer. That stuff is the nastiest stuff that I have ever drank 

Word of advice, if you ever drink root beer, then keep it simple by buying Mugs or IBC. 

By the way, this alcoholic root beer brands name was "Not Your Father's Root Beer". It is so sweet tasting that it is tart and bitter. BLEH!  :wacko:

RogueDuck    302

I was just given a 6 pack of alcoholic root beer. That stuff is the nastiest stuff that I have ever drank

Word of advice, if you ever drink root beer, then keep it simple by buying Mugs or IBC.

By the way, this alcoholic root beer brands name was "Not Your Father's Root Beer". It is so sweet tasting that it is tart and bitter. BLEH! :wacko:

Taste like flat root beer, mixed with some alcohol. It's pretty bad IMO. I noticed Henry's has a bunch of weird flavored drinks now also. But the worst stuff I had, was at a golf tournament last summer, and at one hole they had some weird seltzer water with alcohol in it. It was horrible.
  • Like 1