MrBug708

Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here

KUGRDON    1,039

How about a felony for knowingly exposing someone to a fatal disease.  Knowingly plus fatal seems fair and doesn’t apply to too many communicable deseases.  Not exactly cold and flu, right?

Orange    1,150

I don't know that it's even fatal anymore.  HIV is pretty treatable these days.

Mano    582
2 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

How about a felony for knowingly exposing someone to a fatal disease.  Knowingly plus fatal seems fair and doesn’t apply to too many communicable deseases.  Not exactly cold and flu, right?

Going out in public with the flu can potentially be fatal to some segments of the population (older people, those with diminished immune systems due to chemo, etc).

Willfully not immunizing children can be fatal to the kids that can't take immunization.

• Like 1

Orange    1,150

It's funny to me how conservatives wanna lock people up for living with HIV, but want not only the "right" of gun owners to walk around with guns, but glorify it.  

The GOP is, without question, the most backward political party in modern western civilization.

KUGRDON    1,039
33 minutes ago, Orange said:

It's funny to me how conservatives wanna lock people up for living with HIV, but want not only the "right" of gun owners to walk around with guns, but glorify it.  

The GOP is, without question, the most backward political party in modern western civilization.

Don’t want to lock anyone up For living with HIV. Also don’t want someone knowingly transmitting it without warning their partner. That seems fair.

KUGRDON    1,039
4 hours ago, Mano said:

Going out in public with the flu can potentially be fatal to some segments of the population (older people, those with diminished immune systems due to chemo, etc).

Willfully not immunizing children can be fatal to the kids that can't take immunization.

To reach the same level of culpability, a person with the flu would have to have a written diagnosis then target Someone with a diminished immune system and then deliberately hock a lugie into such persons mouth.  We aren’t talking negligence here.

As for immunizations, we generally don’t Criminalize the failure to expose oneself to physical harm, or the threat thereof, for the Benefit of another.

Orange    1,150
4 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Don’t want to lock anyone up For living with HIV. Also don’t want someone knowingly transmitting it without warning their partner. That seems fair.

I agree with you, except for where you don't see the hypocrisy in singling out that one and only communicable disease for the criminal code.

KUGRDON    1,039
23 minutes ago, Orange said:

I agree with you, except for where you don't see the hypocrisy in singling out that one and only communicable disease for the criminal code.

I’m not familiar with the entire Ca criminal code.  FWIW I would have responded in the same way if I had come across a twitter post that announced that a state had lowered intentionally transmitting any fatal disease to another person from a felony to a misdemeanor.

As a side note, my wife had a dear friend who was HIV positive who lived with us for the last few months of her life and with me until my house sold and I moved from California.  Knowing, voluntary transmission of HIV can only result from a deliberate act.  

Orange    1,150
18 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I’m not familiar with the entire Ca criminal code.  FWIW I would have responded in the same way if I had come across a twitter post that announced that a state had lowered intentionally transmitting any fatal disease to another person from a felony to a misdemeanor.

As a side note, my wife had a dear friend who was HIV positive who lived with us for the last few months of her life and with me until my house sold and I moved from California.  Knowing, voluntary transmission of HIV can only result from a deliberate act.  

Nothing there that I disagree with, I just take a jaundiced look at any law that seems to be engineered to lock up more black people than whites.  Blacks are over-represented among HIV patients.  Similarly, we still have stiffer penalties for crack than cocaine, primarily because blacks use crack, and whites use cocaine.  The entire history of the nation is 

If white people were predominantly contracting HIV because it could be contracted through intentional feeding of bagels and yogurt, you can bet it wouldn't be in the criminal code.

Scscsc89    987

Does anyone use the USPS’ informed delivery service?

You get a scanned image of your first-class mail one or two days before it is delivered to you.

KUGRDON    1,039
4 minutes ago, Mano said:

Link does not work.

Hmmm, it just worked for me.  Anyway it was Canes Chicken which I had never heard of. There is a map of the whole country supposedly with each states favorite Fast food. For most of the country it was Chick-fil-A. Seemed Bogus to me

Mano    582

You must be looking at this:

most%20popular%20fastfood%20chain%204x3%

And this is wrong, only looking at the big chains.

I would guess if you polled people in Salt Lake, someplace like Crown Burgers would be at the top. InNout is fine for a big chain, but not close IMHO.

RogueDuck    302
1 hour ago, Mano said:

I would guess if you polled people in Salt Lake, someplace like Crown Burgers would be at the top. InNout is fine for a big chain, but not close IMHO.

There's a Chick-fil-a in Oregon?  Not a big fan of fast food, but I'd hit up In and Out anyday.

Jalapeno    335
3 hours ago, Mano said:

I'm surprised at In N Out in Texas given how many Whataburgers are there and that is the state that chain got started in.

Sonic's is headquartered in Oklahoma City.

I'm not totally surprised by McD's in DC...there are a lot of 'em in that town but not as bad as Hong Kong where there are McD's and KFCs on nearly every block.

And no Taco John's?!?  I freakin love the potato oles!

Nakedmolerat    394
3 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

There's a Chick-fil-a in Oregon?  Not a big fan of fast food, but I'd hit up In and Out anyday.

In n Out in Medford, soon in Grants Pass. 

glduck    1,431

apparently that business insider map is getting shredded by virtually every state. believe nothing. everything is lie. 

Orange    1,150

Texas hates In N out.  No one in Oregon goes to Chik Fil A.

Smells politically motivated to me, frankly.  Similar to maps that claim Trump won all but 50 counties or something.

Orange    1,150

People who are cold in the office and, instead of putting on a sweater, crank the thermostat to 75 need to be killed.

She's also chomping her gum loud enough to be heard over my pandora station, and from 20 feet away.

And people call office mass-shootings senseless....

Scscsc89    987
3 hours ago, glduck said:

apparently that business insider map is getting shredded by virtually every state. believe nothing. everything is lie. 

I read that the map was based on foursquare check-ins.

yeah, exactly.

also, both whataburger and five guys are not good.