2017 PAC-12 baseball/softball thread

MrBug708

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's an amazing draw for osu, but they certainly deserve it after what was probably the best regular season I've ever seen in college baseball.

tough draw for ucla, but they're lucky to even be in it so i guess you take what you can get. most thought texas, the 2 seed in their regional, would host.

stanford has a clear path to omaha so long as they keep up what they've been doing. if not for osu, who just does not lose, stanford would be the pac school entering the postseason on the highest note. they've been playing great baseball.

arizona defies logic when it comes to postseason baseball and I've learned to stop projecting them. they'll either bow out in two games or win the whole damn thing.

This was called obstruction. I get that you want to protect the players, but when the UCLA catcher has the ball and the runner isn't at the plate, no way is this obstruction.

Earlier, this play below is called, which she was out naturally.

19 hours ago, glduck said:

washington beats oregon 3-1. the loser's bracket calleth...

Looks like things got a little chippy in this one: UW pitcher beaned a UO batter twice (they were former teammates), and UO player had a dirty slide at 2d. I wonder if that is business as usual in softball, or if there was some purple and green rivalry juice behind it. 

they need replay for the WCWS. a few awful calls against ucla against lsu, a few bad calls that went both ways in ucla/a&m that got so heated that a ucla assistant coach made contact with an umpire. a brutal miscall in oregon-washington robbed the ducks of a bases loaded, 1 out situation. easily correctable with proper replay.

in baseball, lots of regional hosts have already lost -- stanford, houston, north carolina and florida state. should be some interesting regional finals as several favorites have to navigate through the losers bracket.

arizona and ucla both lost their openers. oregon state beat up on holy cross yesterday

7 hours ago, glduck said:

they need replay for the WCWS. a few awful calls against ucla against lsu, a few bad calls that went both ways in ucla/a&m that got so heated that a ucla assistant coach made contact with an umpire. a brutal miscall in oregon-washington robbed the ducks of a bases loaded, 1 out situation. easily correctable with proper replay.

I still don't understand obstruction in softball 

And Lisa Fernandez got suspended for two games 

okie starts a four run rally to take the lead on ball that was foul by four inches. didn't come close to hitting the chalk. could have fit another softball in that gap...

the pac is going to lead the charge for replay in OKC next year. this is bonkers.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

okie starts a four run rally to take the lead on ball that was foul by four inches. didn't come close to hitting the chalk. could have fit another softball in that gap...

the pac is going to lead the charge for replay in OKC next year. this is bonkers.

I thought the first bunt of that inning should have been called foul.  It loooked to me like the ball hit the bat on the ground, which kept it from rolling foul.  

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Six SEC teams in the baseball Supers.  Good lord.  As good as Oregon State is, the SEC as a whole is the real story for baseball in 2017.

Baseball, softball, football, they even got 3 elite 8 teams in basketball and none of them were named Kentucky.  The money they are throwing at coaches/facilities appears to be paying off.  I noticed that Florida softballs star pitcher and their best hitter are both from Southern California.  Not good. 

Archived