C/O 2018 Recruiting

MrBug708

On 7/29/2017 at 8:31 PM, glduck said:

is quitoriano strictly a TE at this level? I've never seen him play. wasn't sure if there was DE potential.

0 potential at DE. He's stiff and doesn't have the explosion. 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2017 at 9:10 PM, RogueDuck said:

I think he's a kid who's played basketball most his life, and just started playing football in HS.  But at 6'7 245 already, he could easily be 260-270 DE in a couple years.

Also hearing Malcolm Lamar will be a duck, if that's true he's a program changed on the DL.

Height and weight don't mean anything if he can't get off at the snap. Look at the fast twitch guys we're recruiting on D. He'd be a warm body like a TJ Daniel, imo. If we'd landed Josh Falo last year, I don't think we would even be recruiting TQ. 

On 7/30/2017 at 0:18 PM, All Hail said:

According to him and his dad he did. 

He was a backup plan and knew it. I think the staff was honest with him about it. They have much bigger targets. Losing Craig stings, however. He's going to be a 3 year starter. 

33 minutes ago, dtd said:

Height and weight don't mean anything if he can't get off at the snap. Look at the fast twitch guys we're recruiting on D. He'd be a warm body like a TJ Daniel, imo. If we'd landed Josh Falo last year, I don't think we would even be recruiting TQ. 

According to people at the SNL, he was impressive at TE.  Caught everything and was going against some talented LB and safety's.

22 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

According to people at the SNL, he was impressive at TE.  Caught everything and was going against some talented LB and safety's.

I think also he's set at TE because we have 0 depth there. We literally have 1 healthy scholarship TE. 

20 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

4* OL ******n Jones commits to UO.  He's the 21 know commit.  Also would like to point out UO is no longer landing 6'6 250lbs OL, these commits are all 320 or bigger.

Ducks #1 in Scout rankings, mainly due to large class, but barring a disaster in decommitments, a Top 10 class seems to be almost a lock since schools with smaller asses as of now will be bringing in 3* players to fill it..  Not bad for a completely new staff coming off a 4-8 season.  The next step is to beef up the DL over the next couple classes.

http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Football/ScoutTeamRankings

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

Ducks #1 in Scout rankings, mainly due to large class, but barring a disaster in decommitments, a Top 10 class seems to be almost a lock since schools with smaller asses as of now will be bringing in 3* players to fill it..  Not bad for a completely new staff coming off a 4-8 season.  The next step is to beef up the DL over the next couple classes.

http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Football/ScoutTeamRankings

Off season champs!

I knew that one day this great nation would run out of 4 star recruits. Dang you Trump!

3 hours ago, trickydlck said:

Off season champs!

I knew that one day this great nation would run out of 4 star recruits. Dang you Trump!

I didn't say anything about off-season champs, and also threw in that bigger and better DL recruits are needed as the next step in the program.  This thread is about recruiting, so I'm posting about recruiting. If I posted it on a non-recruiting thread, you'd have a point.  I am thrilled with how seriously this new staff takes recruiting, however. Which Duck fan wouldn't be?  Your Little Brother stance is noted, Doog fan.

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

I didn't say anything about off-season champs, and also threw in that bigger and better DL recruits are needed as the next step in the program.  This thread is about recruiting, so I'm posting about recruiting. If I posted it on a non-recruiting thread, you'd have a point.  I am thrilled with how seriously this new staff takes recruiting, however. Which Duck fan wouldn't be?  Your Little Brother stance is noted, Doog fan.

Hmm, good natured ribbing not your thing. Who knew?

56 minutes ago, All Hail said:

It sure didn't come off that way.  Came off as very defensive FWIW. 

It was basically how Husky fans would reply for years when called off-season champs.  Fell flat, oh well.  Too fucking wordy.

5 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

The story I saw makes it sound like a girl with mental disabilities.  Sad story.  

Apparently it happened in May and he ended up doing all of these camps and committed in June. Im going to assume ucla didnt know, but its still a negatove story they will have to deal with.

This is the charge. Brewer engaged in sexual intercourse with a person who was incapable of consent by reason of mental incapacitation or physical helplessness

16 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Apparently it happened in May and he ended up doing all of these camps and committed in June. Im going to assume ucla didnt know, but its still a negatove story they will have to deal with.

This is the charge. Brewer engaged in sexual intercourse with a person who was incapable of consent by reason of mental incapacitation or physical helplessness

So sad.

Archived