C/O 2018 Recruiting

MrBug708

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get ready.

whats worrisome is that nemec is the Oregonian’s recruiting guy, and he’s shown in the past to have a fairly decent handle on the in-state game while being wildly inaccurate with out-of-state talent. so if he’s hearing from our in-state kids they’re looking elsewhere (we have five) I’m expecting a blood bath. 

a few kids have already said they’re ducks regardless of what happens.

14 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I had written off Brown as a UW commit, wonder what happened there? I know UCLA was trying to get him as a LB

They had two RBs in their class.  I'm too lazy to look it up but once their 2nd rb committed, he immediately set his OV to Cal. 

UW with three commits in the last 24 hours.

- MJ Tafisi - 3* LB from Sandy, UT with offers from Oregon, Cal, Utah, and Boise St among others

- Zion Tupuola-Fetui - 3* DE from Pearl City, Hawaii with offers from Oregon, Cal, and WSU among others

- Sam Taimani - 4* OL/DL out of Salt Lake City with offers from Oregon, Utah, Alabama, Notre Dame, Tennessee, UCLA, and Wisconsin among others.

Question:  What's going on with Utah's recruiting for 2018?  While the commits the Utes now have look strong, there are only 7 so far.  Every other Pac-12 team has from 11 to 22.  In fact, no team in any Power 5 conference has that low a number of commitments as Utah, with Kansas next lowest at 9.  Is this just a cycle that has very few scholarship slots for Utah?  Is something else going on?

Between Chase Cota and Bryan Addison, UCLA picked up a pair of tall, athletic football players. They could have landed Ezeike after his decommitment, but UCLA only wants to consider him at rush end or TE, but he wants to go to a school who will play him at WR exclusively, which will last all over 5 minutes of camp wherever he goes.

UW is doing work on the last remaining holdouts of UCLA's football class. Stephen Blaylock is leaning towards UW right now, despite being a UCLA commit. Abdul McCain is in a similar boat, but I think UCLA holds onto him. I really think losing Blaylock would be a big blow

Archived