C/O 2018 Recruiting

MrBug708

2 hours ago, dtd said:

And there it is. He mentioned Coach Heyward, the safeties coach. Presuming he and Stephens aren't busts or  idiots, stay healthy and don't transfer, the Ducks' secondary should be good for a few years. 

I saw him in person several times during BOD's state championship run.  He was easily the most impressive player on a team that featured two USC commits (Vera-Tucker and Godfrey) and several other D-1 kids.  He can do it all and he has that 'it' factor you just cant teach.  Always around the ball, always making big plays at the most important time.  Really wanted him at Cal but I will be rooting for him all the same. 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, All Hail said:

I saw him in person several times during BOD's state championship run.  He was easily the most impressive player on a team that featured two USC commits (Vera-Tucker and Godfrey) and several other D-1 kids.  He can do it all and he has that 'it' factor you just cant teach.  Always around the ball, always making big plays at the most important time.  Really wanted him at Cal but I will be rooting for him all the same. 

I've seen scouting reports that compare him to 49er safety Eric Reid.  

6 hours ago, All Hail said:

His tape is pretty sick. 

#1 2018 JC 6'5" 249 lb TE Dominick Wood-Anderson of Arizona Western commits to Oregon.  Ducks are thin at TE for 2017 but this is a big get to match with Breeland in 2018 as Taggart uses some 2 TE sets.

Had offers from 'Bama, LSU, Auburn, Texas, Utah, Tennessee, Louisville, ASU, Arizona, Okie State among others.

Barring a last minute change of heart, Stephan Blaylock should be committing tonight. He's a 4* DB out of Bosco who is "outshined" by his higher rated backfield teammate, Jaiden Woodbye, but I think he's probably going to be better. UCLA and Oregon were out in the lead and despite two unofficial visits, Oregon didn't land the committment from him at their spring game, and took commitments from two other DB's, not wanting to wait for him to decide. Which, ended up being a week later I guess.

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

6'5" 330 lb JC DL project Mohamed Diallo commits to Oregon.  Played basketball until a few years ago and is from Toronto.  I know nothing else about him.  Apparently Taggart was recruiting him to USF or something.  Other offers include Auburn, Houston, Ole Miss.  A total enigma.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MohamedDiallo99/status/860608202647404549

He's a teammate with Wood-Anderson and another player we recently offered Kamara 

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Barring a last minute change of heart, Stephan Blaylock should be committing tonight. He's a 4* DB out of Bosco who is "outshined" by his higher rated backfield teammate, Jaiden Woodbye, but I think he's probably going to be better. UCLA and Oregon were out in the lead and despite two unofficial visits, Oregon didn't land the committment from him at their spring game, and took commitments from two other DB's, not wanting to wait for him to decide. Which, ended up being a week later I guess.

He no longer has a committable offer from Oregon. All UCLA. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UCLA is hosting a Miami OL grad transfer today. He's not exactly all-world, but he'd easily start at UCLA, so I'm hopeful we can land him. The last one we brought in didnt get into the program he wanted and the last grad transfer from Miami wasnt that good.

44 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

a rare case of one party being entirely in the wrong. i can't even comprehend snyder's bullshit defense of himself. denying a transfer to an fcs or d-2 school is beyond draconian.

20 hours ago, glduck said:

a rare case of one party being entirely in the wrong. i can't even comprehend snyder's bullshit defense of himself. denying a transfer to an fcs or d-2 school is beyond draconian.

Someone saw the light

Archived