2016-17 Basketball Coaching Carousel

ExplorerSunDevil

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

If Sean Miller doesnt take the Wisconsin, Pittsburgh or Indiana jobs(all of which I expect to come open in the next couple of years) then I think Miller is staying at Arizona for the long haul. 

Can't see Miller taking the Wisconsin or Indiana jobs as they both would be a step down from Arizona and Pitt has about as much of a shot of landing Miller as I do being adopted by Bill Gates and being named sole heir to his fortune.  If anyone were to be able to poach Miller away it would likely be one of three bug mentioned though I'm not certain how much either UNC or Duke would want to try and keep it in the family with their next hires.

If Illinois offers Counzo Martin, he is reportedly gone.  Grew up dreaming of playing for his hometown school until Bruce Pearl (an Iowa assistant) recorded a recruit saying he was going to get paid to play at Illinois and they got hit with major sanctions.  That is how he ended up at Purdue. 

Considering their coaching list is predictably unrealistic and Counzo is the only name that is probable, I think there's a good chance it happens. 

24 minutes ago, clpp01 said:

Can't see Miller taking the Wisconsin or Indiana jobs as they both would be a step down from Arizona and Pitt has about as much of a shot of landing Miller as I do being adopted by Bill Gates and being named sole heir to his fortune.  If anyone were to be able to poach Miller away it would likely be one of three bug mentioned though I'm not certain how much either UNC or Duke would want to try and keep it in the family with their next hires.

The problem with keeping it in the duke family, is that all coach K assistants have been average to just terrible coaches.  If they are smart, they go outside the family.

Archived