Board Upgrade

DanGarion

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Orange said:

Login is fucked again.  Either takes me to the "incorrect login" window (where I simply press enter with the existing information and it logs me in without trouble) or I get an error page.

When you first come to the website what page are you going to? Are you coming from a link in your email? Are you already logged in and it's saying incorrect login or are you attempting to login and getting the "incorrect login" message? Are you typing in your username and password when you try to login or are you using a username and password that are saved in your browser?

45 minutes ago, DanGarion said:

When you first come to the website what page are you going to? Are you coming from a link in your email? Are you already logged in and it's saying incorrect login or are you attempting to login and getting the "incorrect login" message? Are you typing in your username and password when you try to login or are you using a username and password that are saved in your browser?

Everyday I clear my cache and all saved passwords.  Therefore, each morning I go to the main forum page, click on login, then manually type in login and password.  It then redirects me to another login page, with red type indicating that my information was invalid.  At that point, the login and password are already entered, and I just hit enter again.  Then it logs me in, no problem.  It's not a massive deal to me, personally, but it seems to indicate a bug in the login process somewhere.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Weirdly, I just signed out, then signed back in again, and there was no issue.

I don't know, man, this stuff mystifies me.

Same here, since at this point it is the software and not anything I can really fix. Especially since I can't replicate. Strange.

BTW I'm going to the OSU game on Sunday verse WSU.

2 hours ago, DanGarion said:

Same here, since at this point it is the software and not anything I can really fix. Especially since I can't replicate. Strange.

BTW I'm going to the OSU game on Sunday verse WSU.

Sweet, dude.  You a wazzu alum or something?

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Sweet, dude.  You a wazzu alum or something?

No, someone I know through my main vendor at work lives up here near me and we got to talking and both love baseball. He went to WSU and we decided to take our daughters to a game.

Dan,

I just returned to this board after a long hiatus and I'm giving this upgrade two thumbs up.  I noticed the Twitter stuff and that seems to be a pretty important feature for sports...and political forums these days given the Tweeter-In-Chief.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:26 AM, DanGarion said:

Hey Kyle,

There are some ads that are autoplaying sound/music.... I'm sure those are high paying ads but... wow they suck.

That's a Google/AdSense issue. I have it on my board, mwcboard.com as well. Not much of a work around. 

On 4/7/2017 at 9:51 AM, MrBug708 said:

Is there a way to adjust what ads are played through adsense?

Yes but I don't think you can get rid of the sound issue.  

On 4/7/2017 at 10:37 AM, DanGarion said:

I would have to look through my personal login on my own sites... I would like to think there is, I just don't know off the top of my head.

• 1 month later...

Archived