ncaa tournament thread

glduck

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a brutal way to lose.  Oregon missed so many wide open shots that they've been hitting all tournament.  And then they fail twice to rebound a free throw.  Just brutal.  Really wanted to see Oregon get a last second shot up.

you gotta believe Boucher gets one of those rebounds.

21 minutes ago, trickydlck said:

Didn't watch Oregon much this year, did they not box out at the foul line during the rest of the season?

Seems unfair.  North Carolina is easily the toughest team in the nation to box out in such a situation due to their size.  The odd bounces didn't help matters.

24 minutes ago, trickydlck said:

Didn't watch Oregon much this year, did they not box out at the foul line during the rest of the season?

Fuck off.  

I'd whine about Meeks going over the back of Bell on the last FT when Bell was boxing out, but those FTs never should have happened had they got the rebound on the first set of misses anyhow when they didn't box out.  Still, that had been called a foul on Bell earlier when the roles were reversed.  That call is never made at that point of the game though, so I'm fine with letting them play.  Great game.  Proud of those Ducks!  Never thought they'd be two points from the title game when Boucher went down, and Go Zags!

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

Fuck off.  

I'd whine about Meeks going over the back of Bell on the last FT when Bell was boxing out, but those FTs never should have happened had they got the rebound on the first set of misses anyhow when they didn't box out.  Still, that had been called a foul on Bell earlier when the roles were reversed.  That call is never made at that point of the game though, so I'm fine with letting them play.  Great game.  Proud of those Ducks!  Never thought they'd be two points from the title game when Boucher went down, and Go Zags!

:rolleyes: Boohoo. I wonder if we'll see the Oregon tears tumblr start back up.

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Seems unfair.  North Carolina is easily the toughest team in the nation to box out in such a situation due to their size.  The odd bounces didn't help matters.

Totally fair. UNC very good but you definitely won't box them out if you don't even try.

8 hours ago, trickydlck said:

Totally fair. UNC very good but you definitely won't box them out if you don't even try.

it was a lazy effort by bell. no question. bell is talented enough to get away with it most of the time and that probably bit him in the butt last night. he did a better job the second time but that weird bounce and Meeks being a (determined) mountain of a human being just won the play. 

it looked from my vantage point that, with 5.8 and then 4 seconds left, bell was looking for a quick rebound and the ability to get rid of the ball quickly so a guard could get down the floor to hoist a shot -- maybe the basketball equivalent of a receiver running before securing the catch. and it unfortunately cost him.

disappointed with the result but I'm not even mad. bell was a man playing with children before running into carolina, and I got to watch my team play in a F4. ill take that any season.

Great year for the ducks, a F4 run is a big deal.  You can always say could've and should've, but so could teams we beat along the way.  Super proud of the team this year, and excited about the team going forward.  This could just be the beginning for Altman and his ducks.

already stoked for next year. too soon to make any detailed predictions given the uncertainty of potential defections, but i think i can unhomerishly say we're at the point we can expect 23-24-ish wins and a tourney berth regardless of what happens.

unless he just hates school and is ready to make money in europe, I really want dorsey back and i think it makes a whole lot of sense for him to come back. i'd kill for bell to return but i'm getting the "been out of HS for 4 years, ready to move on" vibe from him. and brooks is the weird one, pac-12 POTY but the most easily replaced. if we can get bell and dorsey back, that's a home run. if we only get dorsey back, it's a solid double. if they all go, we'll make do.

12 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Brooks plays at a much better level with Borcher. Without him, Brooks just wasn't the same this tournament

I wouldn't say Meeks shoved him he just wanted the ball more. That will never be called a foul. In any league.

Which I said.

2 hours ago, glduck said:

it was a lazy effort by bell. no question. bell is talented enough to get away with it most of the time and that probably bit him in the butt last night. he did a better job the second time but that weird bounce and Meeks being a (determined) mountain of a human being just won the play. 

it looked from my vantage point that, with 5.8 and then 4 seconds left, bell was looking for a quick rebound and the ability to get rid of the ball quickly so a guard could get down the floor to hoist a shot -- maybe the basketball equivalent of a receiver running before securing the catch. and it unfortunately cost him.

disappointed with the result but I'm not even mad. bell was a man playing with children before running into carolina, and I got to watch my team play in a F4. ill take that any season.

Totally agree, UO should be proud of the run.

Archived