2017 NBA Draft

ExplorerSunDevil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be Josh Jackson.  The rate st which he is improving is insane.  Each time I see him he has added a few tricks to his game.  He now has a step back 3 that he can make with regularity.  

To Rogue - in the other thread I thought you were talking about the Jackson on NC.  My bad.  Josh Jackson is definitely not too inconsistent.  

i think he's projected as a mid-second.

i would bet the deed to my house that caleb swanigan gets passed over by a bunch of lousy teams, falls to the spurs, and he spends the next ten years doing spur things to the rest of the league.

I don't think he will fall that far but ya, I could see that happening. 

Leaf will go mid first though I'm not sure how grata he will be in the nba. Ike is going though his footwork is terrible but he'll probably get better big man coaching in the nba than in college

19 hours ago, All Hail said:

It should be Josh Jackson.  The rate st which he is improving is insane.  Each time I see him he has added a few tricks to his game.  He now has a step back 3 that he can make with regularity.  

To Rogue - in the other thread I thought you were talking about the Jackson on NC.  My bad.  Josh Jackson is definitely not too inconsistent.  

Yeah, 6'8 with range and super athletic.  The sky is the limit for Jackson, I love his game.

• 4 weeks later...

we've talked draft a lot in the nba thread, but i guess there is an actual draft thread we could be using.

i'm getting higher and higher on zach collins, the freshman PF/C out of gonzaga. could be an impact player at both interior spots, good midrange game, great rebounder. may need to bring him along a bit slower, but then again where the hell are we going the next few years. my markkenan pick is pure fun, collins might actually help portland climb in the west. i suppose either is acceptable. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

we've talked draft a lot in the nba thread, but i guess there is an actual draft thread we could be using.

i'm getting higher and higher on zach collins, the freshman PF/C out of gonzaga. could be an impact player at both interior spots, good midrange game, great rebounder. may need to bring him along a bit slower, but then again where the hell are we going the next few years. my markkenan pick is pure fun, collins might actually help portland climb in the west. i suppose either is acceptable. 

I love Collins.  I think his elite athleticism and natural shot blocking ability is perfectly suited for the NBA.  He is a below average shooter but I don't see why he can't become a league average shooter at his position.  I don't see him ever being a star but he seems like a lock to be a very serviceable NBA player. 

19 hours ago, All Hail said:

I love Collins.  I think his elite athleticism and natural shot blocking ability is perfectly suited for the NBA.  He is a below average shooter but I don't see why he can't become a league average shooter at his position.  I don't see him ever being a star but he seems like a lock to be a very serviceable NBA player. 

This issue is finding a fit next to Nurk. I don't like Markkanen at all compared to a lot of these front court prospects, he doesn't do anything but shoot, and he's not Dirk,  but he would potentially be a much better fit in Portland. /shrug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

I don't see any super stars this year.  A bunch of guys who would be complementary stars like Pipen, but not a guy to build your team around.

There about about 6 guys who could end up being superstars in this class, more than most years. I think if fultz played anywhere but UW, you would have had a different take

Archived