2017 NBA Draft

ExplorerSunDevil

27 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

There about about 6 guys who could end up being superstars in this class, more than most years. I think if fultz played anywhere but UW, you would have had a different take

I agree with Bug.  The first 6 players taken and possibly the French pg all have superstar potential.  This looks like one of the better drafts in the past decade if you ask me.  There are going to be some very solid players even for teams picking the 20's.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WIth the Paul George news coming out, the Lakers would be wise to not trade for George. Any assets they give up would be young, and Paul George isn't going to be good enough alone to help the Lakers do anything but make the playoffs during this Warriors run. They need to build for 2020 and beyond

4 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

There about about 6 guys who could end up being superstars in this class, more than most years. I think if fultz played anywhere but UW, you would have had a different take

Fultz is solid, but superstars make avg players look good.  He couldn't even lead that team to a winning record.  He has all star potential, but I'm not sure you can build a championship team around him.  He's a part of a team, not the centerpiece

and just so we stop dealing with hypotheticals, paul george played for some wicked awful fresno state teams. 

there aren't a crap ton of examples of superstars playing for bad college teams, i concede, but that's because so many current stars were one-time mega recruits and the majority of those types of kids play for elite college programs. but, there are a few.

seems like everyone is linking us with justin jackson with one of our picks. so long as we come away with an upgrade of some kind at the 4 i'd be more than ok with taking jackson and letting him come along at whatever pace he needs.

i'm really looking forward to getting home after work with high expectations and then watch as none of the "sure thing" rumors that got me all excited in the first place pan out. 

"oh, we took a forward and traded away our other two picks in cash dumps. that was worth my 3-hour investment."

Archived