2017 NBA Draft

ExplorerSunDevil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was a duck frenzy there in the second round... bell, dorsey, brooks, dotson, hartenstein all came off the board relatively close to one another. duck, duck, duck, ex-duck, son of a former duck who grew up in eugene before moving with his family to Germany.

i *love* the collins pick. he couldn't fit in better with the current team if we built a player from scratch. swanigan, eh. hopefully he can develop into a dependable reserve. vonleh is likely gone after this year and aminu's worth is often negated by his love of jacking awful shots. swannigan will have the opportunity to carve out a role in the next few years.

now to trim the fat over the summer. try to give away turner or meyers or crabbe to philly or brooklyn or sac-town, some team who makes even worse decisions than we do. I'd take a second rounder for either of them. 

Apparently the Warriors were the only team that watched Oregon's frontcourt eat up the Pac 12.  Why the NBA let us have Jordan Bell (hello switches and rim protection) and Boucher (another guy who can guard multiple positions and can shoot) is beyond me.  

Also, Mizzou paid 9 million for this coach - 

1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Apparently the Warriors were the only team that watched Oregon's frontcourt eat up the Pac 12.  Why the NBA let us have Jordan Bell (hello switches and rim protection) and Boucher (another guy who can guard multiple positions and can shoot) is beyond me.  

Agree, I think both ducks were significantly undervalued. Bell looks like a perfect fit for Warriors. The shot blocking and athleticism will be great. Too soon to tell, but based on this draft, maybe we won't miss Jerry West that much.

glad bell and boucher landed in such a great spot, and since my team isn't in the same stratosphere talent-wise i can even root them on. huzzah.

mops was fuming on twitter last night. "PORTLAND WILL REGRET THIS FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS!" yeah, it's jordan bell that'll be the dagger when we play, not KD. or steph. or draymond. or...

Fultz posted on twitter "so excited to be going to (CITY) and can't wait to play for (TEAM NAME)."

Yep, his PR people wrote him a script, all he had to do was fill in the blanks, and instead he posted the script and left in the template instead of writing in Philly and SIxers.

52 minutes ago, row Z said:

Agree, I think both ducks were significantly undervalued. Bell looks like a perfect fit for Warriors. The shot blocking and athleticism will be great. Too soon to tell, but based on this draft, maybe we won't miss Jerry West that much.

Because the executive they have is so bad?

9 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Because the executive they have is so bad?

No, I am pretty sure Bob Meyers is a good GM. But, Jerry West is a legend when it comes to spotting talent and building a team (Lakers, Grizzlies, Warriors). He was a consultant to the Warrior front office for virtually every move they made to build this team (Klay, Draymond, Iggy, Durant, said don't trade Klay for Love etc.). West's fingerprints are all over this historic Warrior team. It was announced last week that he left the Warriors to work for the Clippers. I would say that most Warrior fans wonder how that will effect the quality of the personnel decisions going forward.

My point is that it looks like the Warriors are still making shrewd, high quality personnel moves under Bob Meyers, as evidenced by this draft, even without West. Of course, it is probably too early to declare Bell and Boucher to be excellent picks, but they feel that way to me. 

5 hours ago, glduck said:

bell, boucher, ennis, and cook all on gsw's summer league roster.

warriors claim all the ducks.

Shows why Altman's "positionless" scheme is effective. Guard multiple spots, be versatile on offense, play in today's NBA. 

On 6/23/2017 at 9:01 AM, All Hail said:

It helps when the owner is a Duck.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

He made the unusual leap from skinny14 year old to filled out 23 year old. Very rare

I don't know if it's that rare.  MJ didn't even make the team as a SO, and went onto be the best player ever.  David Robinson grew like 6 inches as a Sr in HS.  I remember watching Ej Singler when he was a SO in HS, he was lucky to be 160 lbs soaking wet and about 6'2-6'3.

Archived