Sign in to follow this  
ExplorerSunDevil

2017 NBA Draft

MrBug708    557

If your problem is he isn't LeBron, there has been only one LeBron in the last 30 years. LeBron averaging 30 a game wouldn't have helped the huskies. They'd need him to average 20 assists a game

glduck    1,431

and just so we stop dealing with hypotheticals, paul george played for some wicked awful fresno state teams. 

there aren't a crap ton of examples of superstars playing for bad college teams, i concede, but that's because so many current stars were one-time mega recruits and the majority of those types of kids play for elite college programs. but, there are a few.

glduck    1,431

seems like everyone is linking us with justin jackson with one of our picks. so long as we come away with an upgrade of some kind at the 4 i'd be more than ok with taking jackson and letting him come along at whatever pace he needs.

Jalapeno    335
On 6/18/2017 at 8:43 AM, KUGRDON said:

One more reason to hate on the lakers.

Wouldn't that be good for business for the NBA?

glduck    1,431

i'm really looking forward to getting home after work with high expectations and then watch as none of the "sure thing" rumors that got me all excited in the first place pan out. 

"oh, we took a forward and traded away our other two picks in cash dumps. that was worth my 3-hour investment."

MrBug708    557

C'mon Phil, do us a Kevin McHale and send us the Latvian gangster for the 28th pick, Clarkson, and Deng

MrBug708    557

I was hoping for Bell and Ike. Not sure we really need Kuzma, but he has talent. I wonder if he could play any guard?

glduck    1,431

SWANIGAN.

elite rebounder and he can bomb 3's. can't really defend, but apparently he hustles.

// shrug

glduck    1,431

there was a duck frenzy there in the second round... bell, dorsey, brooks, dotson, hartenstein all came off the board relatively close to one another. duck, duck, duck, ex-duck, son of a former duck who grew up in eugene before moving with his family to Germany.

i *love* the collins pick. he couldn't fit in better with the current team if we built a player from scratch. swanigan, eh. hopefully he can develop into a dependable reserve. vonleh is likely gone after this year and aminu's worth is often negated by his love of jacking awful shots. swannigan will have the opportunity to carve out a role in the next few years.

now to trim the fat over the summer. try to give away turner or meyers or crabbe to philly or brooklyn or sac-town, some team who makes even worse decisions than we do. I'd take a second rounder for either of them. 

All Hail    961

Apparently the Warriors were the only team that watched Oregon's frontcourt eat up the Pac 12.  Why the NBA let us have Jordan Bell (hello switches and rim protection) and Boucher (another guy who can guard multiple positions and can shoot) is beyond me.  

Also, Mizzou paid 9 million for this coach - 

row Z    71
1 hour ago, All Hail said:

Apparently the Warriors were the only team that watched Oregon's frontcourt eat up the Pac 12.  Why the NBA let us have Jordan Bell (hello switches and rim protection) and Boucher (another guy who can guard multiple positions and can shoot) is beyond me.  

Also, Mizzou paid 9 million for this coach - 

Agree, I think both ducks were significantly undervalued. Bell looks like a perfect fit for Warriors. The shot blocking and athleticism will be great. Too soon to tell, but based on this draft, maybe we won't miss Jerry West that much.

glduck    1,431

glad bell and boucher landed in such a great spot, and since my team isn't in the same stratosphere talent-wise i can even root them on. huzzah.

mops was fuming on twitter last night. "PORTLAND WILL REGRET THIS FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS!" yeah, it's jordan bell that'll be the dagger when we play, not KD. or steph. or draymond. or...

• Like 1

MrBug708    557

Fultz posted on twitter "so excited to be going to (CITY) and can't wait to play for (TEAM NAME)."

Yep, his PR people wrote him a script, all he had to do was fill in the blanks, and instead he posted the script and left in the template instead of writing in Philly and SIxers.

MrBug708    557
52 minutes ago, row Z said:

Agree, I think both ducks were significantly undervalued. Bell looks like a perfect fit for Warriors. The shot blocking and athleticism will be great. Too soon to tell, but based on this draft, maybe we won't miss Jerry West that much.

Because the executive they have is so bad?

glduck    1,431

bell, boucher, ennis, and cook all on gsw's summer league roster.

warriors claim all the ducks.