Sign in to follow this  
ExplorerSunDevil

2017 NBA Draft

row Z    71
9 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Because the executive they have is so bad?

No, I am pretty sure Bob Meyers is a good GM. But, Jerry West is a legend when it comes to spotting talent and building a team (Lakers, Grizzlies, Warriors). He was a consultant to the Warrior front office for virtually every move they made to build this team (Klay, Draymond, Iggy, Durant, said don't trade Klay for Love etc.). West's fingerprints are all over this historic Warrior team. It was announced last week that he left the Warriors to work for the Clippers. I would say that most Warrior fans wonder how that will effect the quality of the personnel decisions going forward.

My point is that it looks like the Warriors are still making shrewd, high quality personnel moves under Bob Meyers, as evidenced by this draft, even without West. Of course, it is probably too early to declare Bell and Boucher to be excellent picks, but they feel that way to me. 

dtd    13
5 hours ago, glduck said:

bell, boucher, ennis, and cook all on gsw's summer league roster.

warriors claim all the ducks.

Shows why Altman's "positionless" scheme is effective. Guard multiple spots, be versatile on offense, play in today's NBA. 

RogueDuck    302
On 6/23/2017 at 9:01 AM, All Hail said:

Apparently the Warriors were the only team that watched Oregon's frontcourt eat up the Pac 12.  Why the NBA let us have Jordan Bell (hello switches and rim protection) and Boucher (another guy who can guard multiple positions and can shoot) is beyond me.  

Also, Mizzou paid 9 million for this coach - 

It helps when the owner is a Duck.

Jalapeno    335

Great to see another Buff go in the first round especially a former D2 player.  Derrick White went to the Spurs.

RogueDuck    302
On 6/26/2017 at 2:45 PM, Jalapeno said:

Unbelievable...Derrick White's high school photo:

What's unbelievable about a kids fr photo?

RogueDuck    302
1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

He made the unusual leap from skinny14 year old to filled out 23 year old. Very rare

I don't know if it's that rare.  MJ didn't even make the team as a SO, and went onto be the best player ever.  David Robinson grew like 6 inches as a Sr in HS.  I remember watching Ej Singler when he was a SO in HS, he was lucky to be 160 lbs soaking wet and about 6'2-6'3.

RogueDuck    302

Bell with a 5x5 (5+ pts, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals) and a +27 (team was -29 in the 10 min he didn't play). I know it's just summer league, but that's pretty solid.