mlb 2017

glduck

seattle has somehow weathered a month of playing with their Triple AAA starting rotation and have moved into 3rd in the west. with guys now getting off the DL, maybe we can end up making a play for the division after all.

** looks up standings, sees houston is 40-16 **

oh. well, never mind.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, glduck said:

seattle has somehow weathered a month of playing with their Triple AAA starting rotation and have moved into 3rd in the west. with guys now getting off the DL, maybe we can end up making a play for the division after all.

** looks up standings, sees houston is 40-16 **

oh. well, never mind.

Good thing the AL, outside of Houston, isnt very good.  With the mariners hitting, and if the pitchers can do their part, a run at a wild card isn't out of the question.

scooter gennett with 4 HR tonight. 

i thought seattle's mike cameron was the last player to do so, but apparently its happened three times since then: shawn green did it three weeks after cameron in 2002, carlos delgado in 2003, and josh hamilton did it in 2012.

i should pay better attention.

Oregon's Ryon Healy is having one hell of a 2nd season and it's worth noting that he only played half a season last year.  He now had two multi-homer games, has raised his batting average to .284, has 13 jacks, is slashing .284/.313/.532

His average and slugging percentage are very impressive and his slash line isn't that far behind Carlos Correas 2nd season 274/.361/.451 slash line with 20 homers and 96 RBIs.

If he can keep up that line, he will make for a great trading asset to dangle during the deadline (hey, I'm an A's fan, it's all I know.) 

best position player in modern oregon baseball history. there's... not a close second.

i was going to brag about tyler anderson, but he's 3-5 w/ a 5.85 era 11 starts w/ colorado. maybe that's league average w/ the coors factor?

and thus completes our tour of ducks in the major leagues. 

mariners and SS jean segura agree to a 5 year, $70 mil extension.

a RARE seattle trade for a position player who didn't instantly become terrible when entering our clubhouse. his .341 average leads in the AL. 

3 hours ago, glduck said:

mariners and SS jean segura agree to a 5 year, $70 mil extension.

a RARE seattle trade for a position player who didn't instantly become terrible when entering our clubhouse. his .341 average leads in the AL. 

Yes, he'll end up being the other kind that flames out once we sign them to a big deal...

I'm probably going to severely jinx it, but Kenley Jansen has been lights out for the Dodgers this year and is making a case for the Cy Young award. In 28.2 innings of work, he has 48 strikeouts and no walks. He only has 14 saves because the Dodgers haven't had many save opportunities.

we're only two games out of the last WC spot (it's a muddled field, most of the AL is right at .500 it seems).

its certainly plausible. it's a small miracle we're not buried and out of it with what has passed as our pitching staff since late April. felix and kuma will need to pitch well down the stretch, smyly will need to come back strong. maybe keep gaviglio up with the big league club and send gallardo off into the sun.

but we're the mariners, so none of those things will happen.

Archived