mlb 2017

glduck

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they can not get swept in the bronx this weekend they have a puncher's chance. of course cano went down tonight and thinks he'll miss the yank series, blah.

felix, and more importantly paxton, should be back relatively soon if they don't experience setbacks. 

so a buddy offers me a pair of tickets to the ems vs hops playoff game tonight. eugene vs hillsboro, local short season rookie ball. i figure i haven't inhaled enough deadly air the last week, sure, give me those tickets. i'd love to spend 3 hours outside tonight.

so the stadium announcer is going through the lineups and he gets to the hops' pitcher. randall delgado. where have i heard that name? so i google it. first hit: his baseball-reference page. apparently he's been with the diamondbacks for the last five years... atlanta two years before that. seven year mlb vet. starting in a short season rookie ball playoff game.

is it me or is sending down ringers for such an event the lamest/weirdest thing ever? what is this, the springfield vs shelbyville power plant company softball game?

UPDATE ON THIS BREAKING SCANDAL:

apparently he only pitched one inning, as was planned for a rehab start. i just haven't been paying attention and assumed the same guy had been in all game. i haven't been drinking.

so now i actually feel bad for the dude. he flew from phoenix to eugene to throw 12 pitches. now he presumably flies back. or to another arizona affiliate for another inning of work. god bless this man.

Archived