Sign in to follow this  
glduck

mlb 2017

KUGRDON    1,039
1 hour ago, glduck said:

the tribe 0-6 in their last 6 elimination games the last two seasons. 

Do you have that right? Can you lose six elimination games in two seasons?

glduck    1,431

3 against the cubs, 3 against the yanks.

i also stole this stat from buster olney:

aaron judge struck out 16 times in the the ALDS (5 games). tony gwynn struck out 15 times in the 1995 season (135 games, 577 plate appearances).

Orange    1,150
1 hour ago, glduck said:

aaron judge struck out 16 times in the the ALDS (5 games). tony gwynn struck out 15 times in the 1995 season (135 games, 577 plate appearances).

Holy.   Shit...

KUGRDON    1,039
1 hour ago, glduck said:

Gotcha, I was spaced

Bruin 70    321

Really Dumbrowski fired John as our manager. Maybe he should get his head out of his azz and realize his signings are the problem not John. Bring back Theo. Real winners in Price, Fisker, Addison Reed, and Pomeranz. Unreal. Maybe he can get Bobby V back what a schmuck! The smart move would be to bring in Big Papi. But the Dum Dum would never think of that. He will get some ;loser retread.

Bruin 70    321

I knew you were going to get me with that. You are way too quick for me. At least the Lap top knew about baseball and players unlike this fool. They are thinking about the loser Tiger coach who took that talent and blew up that franchise. Just what we need. He needs to look at that group he put together this year. As far as I am concerned. Let's get Papi!!!!

Orange    1,150

After the magic of 88, Gibby's walk-off, Orel's scoreless inning streak, and reading "Out of the Blue" by Hershiser, I became a fan.  

Then 28 years happened, and I stopped being a fan.

I'm worried if I take my dodger blue out of the back of the closet and put it back on, I'm basically clinching the World Series for the Yankees.

Mano    582
2 minutes ago, Orange said:

After the magic of 88, Gibby's walk-off, Orel's scoreless inning streak, and reading "Out of the Blue" by Hershiser, I became a fan.  

Then 28 years happened, and I stopped being a fan.

I'm worried if I take my dodger blue out of the back of the closet and put it back on, I'm basically clinching the World Series for the Yankees.

Fuck the Yankees.

glduck    1,431

it's weird, but the yankees are the young/fun team in the playoffs right now. 

i'm glad the rest of the baseball world now knows who jose altuve is. seems like he's been the ultimate mariner killer the last three years, but he should be receiving a well-earned AL MVP award here shortly.

my dad was born in LA and moved to oregon in high school. eventually he dropped his usc, laker, and ram interest for the ducks, blazers, and seahawks, but he never let go of his dodger fandom. he'd have loved this season more than anything.