Holy Shit

KUGRDON

30 minutes ago, Orange said:

"Broad-based" is code for taxing the poor/working class more.  "Adequately funded" college is a loaded statement.  We already spend WAYYYY too much money as a country to not fund free college.  You're being vague on your climate change position. I'm pretty sure you oppose the most effective measures: cap and trade and a carbon tax.  Your "limited circumstances" for abortion and euthanasia also put you squarely in the Mitt Romney circle of making women baby slaves.

Broad based "progressive" tax means taxing most folks above poverty level in proportion to income as is the case in most countries that have universal healthcare.  Federal Cap and trade  and carbon tax could not generate enough support to pass in a Senate with 60 Democratic votes.  that and your other responses says more about you than me.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Broad based "progressive" tax means taxing most folks above poverty level in proportion to income as is the case in most countries that have universal healthcare.  Federal Cap and trade  and carbon tax could not generate enough support to pass in a Senate with 60 Democratic votes.  that and your other responses says more about you than me.

First of all the, poverty line is a fucking joke.  $12k per year if you're a single individual.  A family of 4 = $24k per year.  You ever try to feed a family of 4 on that in 2017 dollars (call it around $500 per year when you were coming up in the 1800s)?  Then you're telling me if you make $26k per year as a family of 4 you should be TAXED?  LOL!  Yes, how liberal!

If you're not 180% over the poverty line, you're not taxed a penny in any western European country that provides those services (not to mention, OH BY THE WAY THEY GET THOSE SERVICES).  Whether or not anything would pass the current gerrymandered, right-leaning disgrace of a House and Senate is not the issue here at all.  I'll consider this deflection your abdication of the point.

19 minutes ago, Orange said:

First of all the, poverty line is a fucking joke.  $12k per year if you're a single individual.  A family of 4 = $24k per year.  You ever try to feed a family of 4 on that in 2017 dollars (call it around $500 per year when you were coming up in the 1800s)?  Then you're telling me if you make $26k per year as a family of 4 you should be TAXED?  LOL!  Yes, how liberal!

If you're not 180% over the poverty line, you're not taxed a penny in any western European country that provides those services (not to mention, OH BY THE WAY THEY GET THOSE SERVICES).  Whether or not anything would pass the current gerrymandered, right-leaning disgrace of a House and Senate is not the issue here at all.  I'll consider this deflection your abdication of the point.

"Most folks over the poverty line."

In France, for example, folks earning over €6600 per year pay a tax for healthcare. The average earnings in France is €37,700.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Couldn't pass a democratically controlled Senate and House. That shows where you are on the spectrum.

38 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

Couldn't pass a democratically controlled Senate and House. That shows where you are on the spectrum.

With the most filibustering minority party in history?  Yeah, not surprised. Anyway, you said YOU were for single-payer healthcare.

4 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

On universal healthcare I'm certainly left.

With regard to your suggestions for funding it, I don't feel you are.

Capital Gains taxes could go up, and defense spending could be cut.  I wager you're not terribly supportive of either.  Most Americans (even a sizable chunk of republicans) actually believe labor should be taxed at a lower rate than wealth, and I agree.

Archived