Phil Steele Over/Under

PAC MAN

totally. going into the game, i expected to win. we were getting vernon adams back (we were told) and we didn't yet know the depth to which our defense was about to sink.

then vernon played maybe two series, couldn't grip the ball, we got down 21-0 in what seemed like a blink of an eye and jeff lockie amused us all the rest of the night with his limp noodle arm and errant throws. he was the original bryce harper helmet throw.

the ONLY good thing about that game was it added player motivation for the 2016 game. utah ran the score up, and it didn't sit right with some guys on the team. and before someone calls me out for that note that I'M not saying i was upset utah ran it up, i subscribe to the theory that it's one team's obligation to stop the other. i wasn't extra motivated for the 2016 game. but some players said they were. and given how awful and lifeless we looked most of 2016, it seemed a little spark in our ass paid off.

My favorite game since Utah joined the Pac. I think the play that pissed off some of the Oregon fans/players was the fake punt return at the end of the 3rd quarter, but it was such a great play you have to admire it.

15 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Sounds like GL is promising Utah will never come within 2 TDs of Oregon till the end of time

ha no i think a year is stretching the limits of these kids' memories as is. plus graduation, new faces, etc.

Archived