Weed Thread

Orange

I started drinking at the age of 16, drank hard and heavy, I quit at 22 when it lost it's allure. I've only been drunk twice since I was 22. I don't get the fascination for it, it's such a limited and obtrusive drug. 

Opium, and Cannabis, are far better for everyday use and far less physically and mentally detrimental. I can basically do whatever I wish at a high level when smoking, I lose motor skills and reasoning when drunk. I like having motor skills and the ability to reason. I also can't stand even my best of friends when they're drunk. Blithering idiots all of them.. repeating the same thing over and over, too loud, too close, too dumb. I don't get why a person wants to be dumber and clumsy. 

A person at a drug abuse seminar told me that I don't like alcohol because I don't have any memories or feelings I want suppressed, and that the drugs I do like, (THC, Opium, Shrooms) are not memory suppressants, but instead boredom fighters. I tend to agree with her. The more fk'd up some of my friends lives are/were, the more likely they drink or abuse cocaine. The more stable they are, especially in confidence and self esteem, the less likely.

Thank you for making this thread Orange. 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own two companies; one that cleans meth contaminated properties and another that trains companies how to do this work along with products that pull meth out of the surfaces.  I see the devastation of properties and individuals along with their families. 

Nobody starts with meth. They start with pot, move to pain killers and harder drugs like heroin. Once they try meth, they wonder why they hadn't used it before as it creates euphoric feelings and the user chases the "high" the rest of their life. Meth is the bottom of the barrel. 

1 hour ago, Utefan1211 said:

I own two companies; one that cleans meth contaminated properties and another that trains companies how to do this work along with products that pull meth out of the surfaces.  I see the devastation of properties and individuals along with their families. 

Nobody starts with meth. They start with pot, move to pain killers and harder drugs like heroin. Once they try meth, they wonder why they hadn't used it before as it creates euphoric feelings and the user chases the "high" the rest of their life. Meth is the bottom of the barrel. 

Are you sure they start with pot and not alcohol or tobacco?

12 hours ago, All Hail said:

Are you sure they start with pot and not alcohol or tobacco?

It could start with anything that temporarily relieves pain. I do know that meth users use other drugs before using meth. We also find many meth homes with grow rooms. Meth by day (many contractors and truck drivers) and calm down with some weed. 

On 8/26/2017 at 8:05 PM, Utefan1211 said:

It could start with anything that temporarily relieves pain. I do know that meth users use other drugs before using meth. We also find many meth homes with grow rooms. Meth by day (many contractors and truck drivers) and calm down with some weed. 

We should probably ban advil.  Some people start with that, notice the mild decrease in inflammation, and then BOOM!  They're meth addicts.

Also, carpet and linoleum are frequently found in meth trailers, yes?  Definitely a gateway to life's evils...

:mellow:

On 8/26/2017 at 6:12 AM, BearBackerInOrinda said:

I started drinking at the age of 16, drank hard and heavy, I quit at 22 when it lost it's allure. I've only been drunk twice since I was 22. I don't get the fascination for it, it's such a limited and obtrusive drug. 

Opium, and Cannabis, are far better for everyday use and far less physically and mentally detrimental. I can basically do whatever I wish at a high level when smoking, I lose motor skills and reasoning when drunk. I like having motor skills and the ability to reason. I also can't stand even my best of friends when they're drunk. Blithering idiots all of them.. repeating the same thing over and over, too loud, too close, too dumb. I don't get why a person wants to be dumber and clumsy. 

A person at a drug abuse seminar told me that I don't like alcohol because I don't have any memories or feelings I want suppressed, and that the drugs I do like, (THC, Opium, Shrooms) are not memory suppressants, but instead boredom fighters. I tend to agree with her. The more fk'd up some of my friends lives are/were, the more likely they drink or abuse cocaine. The more stable they are, especially in confidence and self esteem, the less likely.

Thank you for making this thread Orange. 

Did you really mean to type opium?

You realize it's one of the most dangerous, addictive drugs known to man, right?  

On 8/26/2017 at 6:20 AM, Utefan1211 said:

I do not know a single, solitary person who has ever "started with pot" and then moved on to pain killers and heroin.  Alcohol is the mother of all gateway drugs, and it leads to countless lives ruined all on its own (and it's perfectly legal for one reason and one reason only: White people were the first to make gobs of money off of it).  

If you're in a circle of people who drink alcohol, you're bound to come across marijuana, too.  That doesn't create a causal connection to addiction and harder drugs.  For people who DO NOT drink alcohol and only smoke weed, I've yet to see any sort of "road to heroin or meth" like you're implying.  Your odd insistence to conflate marijuana and methamphetamine is what has led to over a century of false "science" about marijuana and its effects.  Read the science about marijuana's actual psycho-active effects and its supposed "addictive" quality.  It is no more addictive than exercise or burritos.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I do not know a single, solitary person who has ever "started with pot" and then moved on to pain killers and heroin.  Alcohol is the mother of all gateway drugs, and it leads to countless lives ruined all on its own (and it's perfectly legal for one reason and one reason only: White people were the first to make gobs of money off of it).  

If you're in a circle of people who drink alcohol, you're bound to come across marijuana, too.  That doesn't create a causal connection to addiction and harder drugs.  For people who DO NOT drink alcohol and only smoke weed, I've yet to see any sort of "road to heroin or meth" like you're implying.  Your odd insistence to conflate marijuana and methamphetamine is what has led to over a century of false "science" about marijuana and its effects.  Read the science about marijuana's actual psycho-active effects and its supposed "addictive" quality.  It is no more addictive than exercise or burritos.

The gateway argument is not worth having. But to say that you've never known a person who uses heroin or opiates who first smoked pot is just crazy.

1 hour ago, KUGRDON said:

The gateway argument is not worth having. But to say that you've never known a person who uses heroin or opiates who first smoked pot is just crazy.

I am sure you can say the same thing for drinking beer, soda, or eating tacos.  Correlation is not equal to causation.

I have known many, many people who smoked pot, only a couple who ever used heroin. Pretty sure the heroin users I have known would have used it whether pot existed or not. I wouldn't be surprised if a much greater % of people who huff glue or paint would also try heroin as opposed to pot smokers, but no one suggests banning paint, glue or solvents. I don't think the slippery slope argument is a good one for prohibition. It also seems that it would be easier to keep out of the hands of underage users if it were regulated like liquor, and the taxes could be used for education and treatment of harder drugs. 

2 hours ago, Mano said:

I am sure you can say the same thing for drinking beer, soda, or eating tacos.  Correlation is not equal to causation.

I have known many, many people who smoked pot, only a couple who ever used heroin. Pretty sure the heroin users I have known would have used it whether pot existed or not. I wouldn't be surprised if a much greater % of people who huff glue or paint would also try heroin as opposed to pot smokers, but no one suggests banning paint, glue or solvents. I don't think the slippery slope argument is a good one for prohibition. It also seems that it would be easier to keep out of the hands of underage users if it were regulated like liquor, and the taxes could be used for education and treatment of harder drugs. 

Like I said the gateway discussion is not worth having.

20 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

You clearly did not fucking read my post.  I said those who moved on to heroin used alcohol first.  If you're not interested in having an honest discussion about this topic, kindly fuck all the way off.  I'm sick of correcting your repeated inaccuracies and made-up bullshit.

I love how climate-change deniers require more than a 97% consensus on manmade global warming to reach a conclusion, but are perfectly willing to accept made-up, vague correlations between heavy pot smokers and some vomiting syndrome that I'd never heard of until this week, when trumpbots and reefer madness holdovers started searching for reasons to retroactively support prohibition using an excuse other than racism and ignorance.

enhanced-buzz-1676-1365534330-0.jpg?down

On 8/29/2017 at 0:06 PM, Orange said:

As you don't know a single person that started with pot and moved on to harder drugs means it didn't happen? You are a true idiot in every sense of the word. I have a family member that fits that description. I donate parts of my profits to drug prevention and work with groups that fit that description. I speak at Indian reservations, juvenile centers and most fit this bill. Alcohol falls into the same realm but for you to blather (as you usually do in most posts) as if you have any clue regarding this subject is laughable. Just shut up for once! 

12 hours ago, Utefan1211 said:

As you don't know a single person that started with pot and moved on to harder drugs means it didn't happen? You are a true idiot in every sense of the word. I have a family member that fits that description. I donate parts of my profits to drug prevention and work with groups that fit that description. I speak at Indian reservations, juvenile centers and most fit this bill. Alcohol falls into the same realm but for you to blather (as you usually do in most posts) as if you have any clue regarding this subject is laughable. Just shut up for once! 

I'm an idiot?  LMAO!   Congrats on your stupid speaking engagements at indian reservations as if that means dickshit or bears any relevance whatsoever to the subject.  Clearly you're arguing based on pure emotion, and you don't have the ability to dispassionately review the data.  As with Don, you've been mindfucked by Reefer Madness and the "Just Say No" and DARE campaigns that almost every medical and law enforcement professional has declared a completed and utter failure.

Marijuana has no addictive properties.  Was your family member also engaging in alcohol use at the time they were using marijuana?  If so, then you've just fallen for the idiot's elixir, conflating correlation with causation.  Marijuana use is no more a gateway drug than ice cream, you pompous, witless asshole.

Numerous studies have proven that the relationship between marijuana and further hard-drug usage later in life is tenuous at best, and probably the exact opposite of the reality:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/crime/329728-memo-to-homeland-security-marijuana-is-not-a-gateway-drug-science

Even more noteworthy is the reality that cannabis appears to act as a substitute or, in some cases, an exit drug for those struggling with drug abuse.

For example, in jurisdictions where marijuana use is legally regulated, researchers have reported year-over-year declines in opioid-related abuse, hospitalizations, and mortality.

According to data published in the esteemed Journal of the American Medical Association, deaths attributable to both prescription opiates and heroin fell by 20 percent within a year following marijuana legalization and by 33 percent within six years.

Archived