Weed Thread

Orange

56 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

I think events of the past couple of weeks may cause Joe to re-evaluate his position.

What makes you say that?  I've not seen a peep from Joe about this.  As recently as November he was implying it's a gateway drug.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, according to NORML, African-Americans are arrested on marijuana-related charges at nearly four times the rate of whites, and I don't believe that's because they consume it at a higher per capita rate. I think it's directly correlated to the approach police take with black Americans.  If Biden is truly seeking reform in policing, this is an issue he must address, Hunter's history notwithstanding.

7 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

Well, according to NORML, African-Americans are arrested on marijuana-related charges at nearly four times the rate of whites, and I don't believe that's because they consume it at a higher per capita rate. I think it's directly correlated to the approach police take with black Americans.  If Biden is truly seeking reform in policing, this is an issue he must address, Hunter's history notwithstanding.

I think that what you think, is wrong.

15 hours ago, HLB said:

I think that what you think, is wrong.

They're not thoughts, they're facts, you fake-ass black person.

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/field_document/1114413-mj-report-rfs-rel1.pdf

...whites and Blacks use marijuana at comparable rates,18 and many residents of middle- and upper-class white communities use marijuana without legal consequence or even fear of entanglement in the criminal justice system. On the other hand, in 2010 there were over three-quarters of a million arrests for marijuana possession — accounting for almost half of the almost 1.7 million drug arrests nationwide — for which many people were jailed and convicted. Worse yet, Blacks were arrested for marijuana possession at almost four times the rate as whites, with disparities even more severe in several states and counties, and the country spent billions of dollars enforcing marijuana laws.

In 2010, 14% of Blacks and 12% of whites reported using marijuana in the past year; in 2001, the figure was 10% of whites and 9% of Blacks. In every year from 2001 to 2010, more whites than Blacks between the ages of 18 and 25 reported using marijuana in the previous year. In 2010, 34% of whites and 27% of Blacks reported having last used marijuana more than one year ago — a constant trend over the past decade. In the same year, 59% of Blacks and 54% of whites reported having never used marijuana. Each year over the past decade more Blacks than whites reported that they had never used marijuana.

Data on marijuana use were obtained from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH): Q Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Results from the 2010 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings, NSDUH Series H-41, HHS Publication No. (SMA) 11-4658: 2011

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:02 PM, Quack 12 said:

I think it's directly correlated to the approach police take with black Americans

@Orange …. Quack12's statement (above) is what I was referring to.

He was expressing "his thoughts", and it is those thoughts to which I replied.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:02 PM, Orange said:

They're not thoughts, they're facts, you fake-ass black person.

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/field_document/1114413-mj-report-rfs-rel1.pdf

...whites and Blacks use marijuana at comparable rates,18 and many residents of middle- and upper-class white communities use marijuana without legal consequence or even fear of entanglement in the criminal justice system. On the other hand, in 2010 there were over three-quarters of a million arrests for marijuana possession — accounting for almost half of the almost 1.7 million drug arrests nationwide — for which many people were jailed and convicted. Worse yet, Blacks were arrested for marijuana possession at almost four times the rate as whites, with disparities even more severe in several states and counties, and the country spent billions of dollars enforcing marijuana laws.

In 2010, 14% of Blacks and 12% of whites reported using marijuana in the past year; in 2001, the figure was 10% of whites and 9% of Blacks. In every year from 2001 to 2010, more whites than Blacks between the ages of 18 and 25 reported using marijuana in the previous year. In 2010, 34% of whites and 27% of Blacks reported having last used marijuana more than one year ago — a constant trend over the past decade. In the same year, 59% of Blacks and 54% of whites reported having never used marijuana. Each year over the past decade more Blacks than whites reported that they had never used marijuana.

Data on marijuana use were obtained from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH): Q Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Results from the 2010 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings, NSDUH Series H-41, HHS Publication No. (SMA) 11-4658: 2011

Do you have a report that is more current, and not seven years old?

24 minutes ago, HLB said:

@Orange …. Quack12's statement (above) is what I was referring to.

He was expressing "his thoughts", and it is those thoughts to which I replied.

And still, you offer nothing of substance to refute my statement. The study Orange quoted is from 2010. For those for whom math is hard, that was ten years ago, not seven. Since then, eleven states have legalized or decriminalized marijuana possession, and yet two years ago, this:

About 84% of the more than 2,000 marijuana offenders who were federally sentenced in 2018 were people of color, according to the U.S. Sentencing Commission. Only 11% were white, even though whites make up more than 60% of the U.S. population.

How do you explain this discrepancy if, as your childish responses suggest, you actually believe the police are even handed in their approach to enforcing the law?

11 hours ago, Quack 12 said:

The a-hole is shameless, owned by "libs" again. Or, anyone who is capable of reason.

Again, I guarantee he's not black.  He made that shit up to try and score message-board points.  That's what's really pathetic.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 4:14 AM, Moskon said:

I know there are legal marijuana retail spaces in West Hollywood that have interesting art space. Sometimes I go to dispensary hollywood and buy myself some marijuana. It is legal to smoke marijuana in California. Therefore, sometimes I allow myself such weakness as smoking marijuana at home.

How's russia this time of year?

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

The policy is better under Biden than it was under Trump OR Obama, but either way, yes, this is fucking stupid.

Hence I supported Bernie.  This is classic Kugrdon-boomer-bait.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it! Smoking cbd flower helps me with anxiety and recovery after a workout, takes away inflammation very quick. Also I am a marijuana user, but sometimes I don’t want the “high”, I just want the medicinal benefits. Also some strains of marijuana make my anxiety worse and in that case I like to mix the hemp flower with the marijuana. There are a lot of great hemp growers now that cultivate plants that contain 16%-20% cbd, and that helps way more than a cbd strain that has 10% cbd. Organastix is a brand that sells flower in 3.5g jars and 1g pre-rolls. There are 3 strains currently to choose from Lifter, Suver Haze and Sour Space Candy, more being added in the future.

Also uses Hemp CBD Flower to cook and make your own edibles or tinctures can be fun and cost effective. Organastix also offers flower in ounces, but you have to call to place that order, it’s not listed on the website.

Archived