Movies you are ashamed to say you have never seen

MrBug708

Sitting at home with Strep Throat has given me time to pause and reflect on movies I've never gotten around to seeing, that most people have seen. I'll mostly stick with movies after the 50's

The Godfather Trilogy - I did start the first one before I turned it off after about 20 minues

Citizen Kane

No Country for Old Men

CIder House Rules

Beverly Hills Cop

The Big Lebowski - I want to say I have seen parts of it?

Reservoir Dogs

Usual Suspects

Scream

Clerks - Pretty much every Kevin Smith movie

Donnie Darko

i have a window open to imdb's top 100 so i can categorize my misses:

#9 the good, the bad, and the ugly

#21 city of god

#25 life is beautiful

#27 leon: the professional (note: the fuck?)

#30 once upon a time in the west

#31 american history x

#37 the intouchables

#41 the pianist

#45 whiplash

#52 sunset boulevard

#55 cinema paradiso

#66 oldboy

#67 once upon a time in america

#68 witness for the prosecution

#69 das boot

#74 dangal

#77 m

#79 amelie

#80 like stars on earth

#86 amadeus

#92 the sting

#94 bicycle thieves

#95 your name

#96 the kid (apparently this is different than "disney's the kid", which i also haven't seen)

#98 three idiots

lotta foreign films in there i haven't seen. i'm also not a big western guy. best (and most expensive) thing i ever did was basically waste a year of college taking film courses for no good reason. saw a lot of stuff i'm glad i did that i probably would have never gotten around to otherwise.

Bug- Start with Reservoir Dogs, then Usual Suspects. Neither should be missed. 

GL- American History X is the only one I see on your list that is a must watch. Edward Norton's best role, by far. 

Notables that I've not seen: 

Apocalypse Now

Wedding Crashers and Swingers

Any of the Fast and Furious movies. 

"Das Boot" is great, but go with the German version, not the dubbed one. I think it's easily Wolfgang Petersen's best movie.

I will never watch "The Pianist." Polanski is a pedophile.

I'm ashamed to admit that I've never seen "Schindler's List."

City of God is a must-see in my opinion.

Probably the most notorious on my list of never-seen is either North By Northwest, or Aliens or Rear Window (original Hitchcock).

Couldn't make it through Chicago or the Artist, and I never will.

Wait, Orange, did you just write that you've never seen Aliens? Oh. My. God. It's probably the best sequel ever (sorry Godfather II - never saw it), and certainly the best movie in the franchise.

Apocalypse Now isn't worth your time. 

Casablanca and African Queen are both great, but Treasure of the Sierra Madre is my favorite Bogie flick. It's a must-see.

Rear Window, Rope, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Dial M for Murder, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Lifeboat, The 39 Steps  - all great Hitchcock movies.

I've never sat through Gone With The Wind.

18 minutes ago, Quack 12 said:

Wait, Orange, did you just write that you've never seen Aliens? Oh. My. God. It's probably the best sequel ever (sorry Godfather II - never saw it), and certainly the best movie in the franchise.

Casablanca and African Queen are both great, but Treasure of the Sierra Madre is my favorite Bogie flick. It's a must-see.

Rear Window, Rope, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Dial M for Murder, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Lifeboat, The 39 Steps  - all great Hitchcock movies.

Yes I like treasure of the Sierra Madre as well. Badges, badges, we don't need no stinking badges.  Actually it's:

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and chinga tu madre!"

I haven't seen Outlaw Josey Wales and I don't believe I've sat through any of the Dirty Harry movies in their entirety.  Pretty sure I thought Lethal Weapon and such were the pioneers of that whole genre (yes, the 40-and-above crowd's heads are collectively exploding, I know).

On 6/21/2017 at 3:10 PM, Quack 12 said:

I generally like action films, but I've never sat through any of the god fathers.  I've started them, but just can't do it.  

I did however watch Gone With the Wind as a kid with my mom, and the ending just pissed me off so much I can't recommend it to anyone.  You r ally get no closure after watching the movie for hours.  

2 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

I generally like action films, but I've never sat through any of the god fathers.  I've started them, but just can't do it.  

I did however watch Gone With the Wind as a kid with my mom, and the ending just pissed me off so much I can't recommend it to anyone.  You r ally get no closure after watching the movie for hours.  

I'm amazed about the godfathers.  Out of curiosity, did you watch and like Goodfellas?

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

I've never seen gone with the wind or Wizard of Oz.

Ive tried to go back to watch a lot of classics from the 60s & 70s.   They don't hold up well.

That's my thought on old movies also.  Even stuff I liked as a kid late 80's early mid 90s stuff just isn't the same now.  It's funny as a kid I liked ole yeller, I tried watching it with my kids and made it 15min before turning it off.  It was awful, from the acting to the video quality.  

Archived