NBA 2017-18 Thread

PapaG

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, glduck said:

blazers trade allan crabbe to brooklyn for some guy they'll immediately waive, and paul allen saves nearly $40 million in luxury tax. i know you all worry about those poor billionaires and the luxury tax.

So there's reason to believe those Melo or Irving to Portland rumors?

On 7/25/2017 at 8:48 PM, glduck said:

there are literally no kyrie to portland rumors, and the carmelo ones are bunk because he won't waive his no trade clause. so no.

but they may act as a facilitator.

F that!  Why help out Houston?

that seems to be portland's position right now, and the main reason this thing has gone on as long as it has. houston wanted to dump ryan anderson and his massive contract on us, and we've thus far balked. however, there are rumblings that houston is getting more and more desperate and we know new york really doesn't want to start next year w/ carmelo on the roster. if portland can come away with trevor ariza (upgrade from harkless) and courtney lee (upgrade from crabbe) while sending out a bad contract or two, i'd facilitate the shit out of that deal.

i found nearly every projected win total in that link to be on the extreme side of conservative or best case scenario. 

re: lavar, i find his frequent over-the-top misogyny to be unfortunate. i'm all for people gaming the system to their advantage, and he's a natural showman, but it seems he has enough in his arsenal to keep people tuning in without going after all these women. it's gross. stay in your lane, lavar.

Archived