NBA 2017-18 Thread

PapaG

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, glduck said:

the lillard versus durant show was fun last night.

lillard's having himself one nice week. 50, 39, and 44. 

Second straight game for me in person.  This one went much better than the Jazz game even though the seats last night were in the 300 level.  Two out of my last three Blazers games had 50 point games (CJ/Durant), and the college game last Saturday was 2OT in Corvallis and had a buzzer beater.  I'll take the occasional Jazz dud if my in-person games the rest of the season continue this way.

3 hours ago, All Hail said:

The Warriors are really limping into the All-Star break.  The defense just hasn't been there for the past several weeks.  I guess it's tough to bring it every night for 4 years straight when each team is giving you their best shot. 

Durant has only been there a year and a half, though.  That's a bit concerning as a non-Warrior fan, plus Kerr is somewhat making excuses for it in his own way as a motivator.

5 hours ago, PapaG said:

Durant has only been there a year and a half, though.  That's a bit concerning as a non-Warrior fan, plus Kerr is somewhat making excuses for it in his own way as a motivator.

A bit concering if we weren't one of, if not the, most talented team ever assembled.  I'm not the least bit concerned.  A bunch of guys who know they can beat anyone in the league without much effort are bored.  

13 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

I think Leonard won't be a spur for much longer

Did the Pop way finally drive away an elite player?  That team is going to fade down the stretch and Aldridge is hurting, too.  Crazy thing is that they are only 3.5 games out of dropping to 9th in the West as they are currently the third seed, and only 2 games ahead in losses.  The West outside of Houston and Golden State is a scramble, although I think OKC has their shit together now and will only continue to improve the rest of the season.  

i’m hoping portland swan dives down the stretch and we sneak into the late lottery. got my eyes on a few 3&d wings i’d like to draft.

papa is right, the west is jumbled as all getup. we are 2.5 out of 3rd yet only 2 games ahead of 10th (and two of the teams behind us, clips and jazz, are coming on strong). but here’s hoping we don’t settle for becoming gsw or houston’s first round play-thing... i want the better pick.

15 hours ago, PapaG said:

Did the Pop way finally drive away an elite player?  That team is going to fade down the stretch and Aldridge is hurting, too.  Crazy thing is that they are only 3.5 games out of dropping to 9th in the West as they are currently the third seed, and only 2 games ahead in losses.  The West outside of Houston and Golden State is a scramble, although I think OKC has their shit together now and will only continue to improve the rest of the season.  

LMAO, you're the classic idiot barstool sports fan.  You rag on Popovich?  He's only the best NBA coach in modern history.

On 2/21/2018 at 6:35 PM, PapaG said:

Until I actually see it happen, I'm not betting against a Pop team faltering down the stretch.  The Spurs are notorious for turning it up a level when they finish their annual rodeo road trip.  Rest of the season they only have about 7/8 more road games so they'll get the opportunity to fatten up on a loaded home schedule.

I don't know whether to be impressed or discouraged that the best thing going in the NBA right now is the tank race amongst the bottom 6 teams which has already been more entertaining the the entire postseason from last year.

Archived