Sign in to follow this  
PapaG

NBA 2017-18 Thread

54 minutes ago, utenation said:

Disagree about Rubio. His numbers during our win streak have been off the charts and Utah has been boat racing teams offensively. He struggled with Utah’s system the first few months with a new team and new faces. He’s in a great rhythm right now but currently has a hip injury that he will probably try to heal through the All-star break.

Also, I believe you meant Gobert,  not Hobert. Agree with your take on his play.

iPhone autocorrected Gobert/Go-Bear to Hobert and I missed it.  It also autocorrected Harkless to Harmless, but I left it on purpose as Harmless because it's appropriate for his style of play and it's my new name for him.

The Warriors are really limping into the All-Star break.  The defense just hasn't been there for the past several weeks.  I guess it's tough to bring it every night for 4 years straight when each team is giving you their best shot. 

6 hours ago, glduck said:

the lillard versus durant show was fun last night.

lillard's having himself one nice week. 50, 39, and 44. 

Second straight game for me in person.  This one went much better than the Jazz game even though the seats last night were in the 300 level.  Two out of my last three Blazers games had 50 point games (CJ/Durant), and the college game last Saturday was 2OT in Corvallis and had a buzzer beater.  I'll take the occasional Jazz dud if my in-person games the rest of the season continue this way.

3 hours ago, All Hail said:

The Warriors are really limping into the All-Star break.  The defense just hasn't been there for the past several weeks.  I guess it's tough to bring it every night for 4 years straight when each team is giving you their best shot. 

Durant has only been there a year and a half, though.  That's a bit concerning as a non-Warrior fan, plus Kerr is somewhat making excuses for it in his own way as a motivator.

6 hours ago, glduck said:

by the way, i love ****** kerr.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/******-kerr-goes-off-legislators-130432762.html

i'm going to keep the politics to a minimum here, but i love how kerr and pop use their platform to so consistently speak out about non-basketball issues. 

What are Kerr's proposals?  The article mentions background checks and restrictions on "assault" rifles, but I really don't view my .22 semi-automatic rife with an 18-round chamber that I used to shoot rabbits on my grandparent's ranch as an "assault rifle" like the far left seems to view it.  Background checks already are in existence so I'm not quite sure what else to do there.

Maybe if the FBI had done their fucking job and followed up on the September lead with this guy instead of chasing Russian ghosts for a year and a half now this could have been prevented.  Plus that school is a 'gun-free' zone, so this Cruz guy was breaking the law by bringing the gun on campus.  

i will absolutely follow up this conversation on the politics board but out of respect to bug and sc i probably shouldn’t have brought it up in the first place.

13 minutes ago, glduck said:

i will absolutely follow up this conversation on the politics board but out of respect to bug and sc i probably shouldn’t have brought it up in the first place.

More athletes standing up for what they believe is right.

https://www.lifezette.com/faithzette/nfl-star-benjamin-watson-say-abortion/

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/12/22/nfl-player-who-refused-to-meet-pro-abortion-president-obama-to-headline-march-for-life/

No worries GL, it will be moved now.

5 hours ago, PapaG said:

Durant has only been there a year and a half, though.  That's a bit concerning as a non-Warrior fan, plus Kerr is somewhat making excuses for it in his own way as a motivator.

A bit concering if we weren't one of, if not the, most talented team ever assembled.  I'm not the least bit concerned.  A bunch of guys who know they can beat anyone in the league without much effort are bored.