Sign in to follow this  
Jalapeno

MLB Expansion

I'm thinking the Rays move and the Athletics get a new stadium in Oakland after the Raiders and Warriors move.

Rays stadium issue: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/mlb-commissioner-manfred-says-potential-of-tampa-bay-market-makes-rays/2330029

Rays lease lasts until 2027 at their current stadium.  According to http://www.baseballforever.com the Rays have until December 31st of next year to choose a site so a new stadium site should be decided by then...maybe by the end of this year.

More on A's stadium: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/29/as-stadium-roulette-possible-winners-and-losers-at-laney-college-site/

Sounds like the A's will decide on a location soon.

Suppose both cities choose the stadium sites, expansion will start to warm up next year or when the shovels hit the dirt for both stadiums.

I'd jizz if we'd get an MLB team in Portland.  It's not really a baseball city, but it would make this guy happy.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, MrBug708 said:

Miami or the Rays right? Can't think of another team. I'd move them to Portland. Maybe the Mariners to Vancouver?

Uhm....Why would you move the Mariners out of Seattle, what logic are you using for such a move? They have a fantastic stadium in Seattle, Seattle is a major TV market and growing, their is literally no logical reason to even consider moving the Mariners. 

On 12/25/2017 at 12:06 PM, youngorst said:

Uhm....Why would you move the Mariners out of Seattle, what logic are you using for such a move? They have a fantastic stadium in Seattle, Seattle is a major TV market and growing, their is literally no logical reason to even consider moving the Mariners. 

I suppose his argument was that he doesn't think Seattle and Portland should both have an MLB team.  Apparently he thinks one ball club within a metro area of 3.7 million shouldn't be within 200 miles of a ballclub in a metro area of 2.4 million? 

I don't know.  When it comes to Californians, we're apparently all one big mossy barn up here. 

On 7/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, MrBug708 said:

Miami or the Rays right? Can't think of another team. I'd move them to Portland. Maybe the Mariners to Vancouver?

Why not the Cleveland Indians?  Their city is dying and the franchise is like 27th in revenue.  They could escape the AL hellscape that is playing the Yankees, Red Sox, etc.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this