Kid Thread

Orange

How do you think Rat would hold up in an one on one game against the NBA's Beard?  As long as Harden can avoid Rat tackling him, he might win! :lol:

And Rogue, don't feel too badly, it takes a lot for get me on rollerskates.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

Here's the kids who keep me on the go all the time.  They even managed to get me to roller skate, wtf I'll probably fall and break my hip one of these times.

girls.jpg

dad and daughter skating.jpg

landry and kenzie.jpg

Great looking pup!

3 hours ago, Orange said:

You're also probably not wild about eating sub sandwiches in public?

I've got a mini-beard that I've sported for a few years.  I can't handle even a fraction of that length you've got on the moustache.  It takes discipline and dexterity at dinner that I do not have.

It's one of the best diet plans I've ever been on. In public, there's a banned list: soft serve ice cream, saucy meat (Ribs, wings), melted cheese, long stringy pasta, crumbs, custard squirts, or anything jelly filled. 

In private, if those things can be cut or formed in to a wedge, I just use two fingers of the other hand to move the stache  away and/or just open my mouth comically wide. Both movements makes kids laugh for some reason. 

A guy guy at work had a long beard like mine for a long time a cut it all off. That's the first thing he said was how wide he was opening his mouth and didn't have to anymore. 

Haven't seen my son in almost 3 weeks.  Get him back on Friday.  It used to be a rotating schedule of a few days on, a few days off when my ex lived in town.  Now she's followed some fucking dirtbag to the armpit of California and believes she's starting a new life there (she's burned every bridge in Bend).  It has not been fun.  

Still plenty of summer left, so plenty more of this to do...

19250502_10213330004947477_2239981823363

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Haven't seen my son in almost 3 weeks.  Get him back on Friday.  It used to be a rotating schedule of a few days on, a few days off when my ex lived in town.  Now she's followed some fucking dirtbag to the armpit of California and believes she's starting a new life there (she's burned every bridge in Bend).  It has not been fun.  

Still plenty of summer left, so plenty more of this to do...

19250502_10213330004947477_2239981823363

Just curious, I thought one spouse was able to block another spouse from moving and taking a child out of state.   Maybe you have primary custody he and he was just visiting with her. I don't want to know the personal details, just curious to know if I was right about a parent not being able to move a child Out of state without the consent of the other parent.

4 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Just curious, I thought one spouse was able to block another spouse from moving and taking a child out of state.   Maybe you have primary custody he and he was just visiting with her. I don't want to know the personal details, just curious to know if I was right about a parent not being able to move a child Out of state without the consent of the other parent.

We had not yet restarted divorce proceedings yet.  But in Oregon, I don't believe there's an explicit law preventing any kind of out-of-state transport of the kid without a status quo order from a judge (which I just obtained).  Once a judgment is in, it's whatever the parties agree on, I believe, and the custodial parent can move up to 60 miles without notifying the other parent beforehand.  Alternatively, custodial parent has to go to a judge to get permission.

6 minutes ago, Orange said:

We had not yet restarted divorce proceedings yet.  But in Oregon, I don't believe there's an explicit law preventing any kind of out-of-state transport of the kid without a status quo order from a judge (which I just obtained).  Once a judgment is in, it's whatever the parties agree on, I believe, and the custodial parent can move up to 60 miles without notifying the other parent beforehand.  Alternatively, custodial parent has to go to a judge to get permission.

Yes, I wasn't citing any particular law, just the ability of one parent to block the custodial parent from moving the child out of state (or as you suggest, more than a specified distance).  Whatever the law is, I certainly hope that you get this worked out in the kids best interest which I know is your aim.

It's easily the most gut-wrenching and emotionally draining experience in my life.  For all his life he's had both parents in Bend.  Then, literally at the last minute, my ex said she was moving to Maricopa fucking California (an almost literal shithole near Bakersfield) to chase some boyfriend she just connected with.  I gotta think the court will agree that her reason for such a drastic relocation (she's not following a job offer, she has no family there) would not be sufficient and she'll be blocked from having physical custody for more than holidays/Xmas, etc.  In that case, she'll either surrender her parental rights or return to Oregon (the latter being more likely and better for my kid, but both being acceptable to me).

My ex moved from Portland to Graham, WA and then to Port Orchard when our daughter was about 10. I might have been able to block it, but I didn't try. I'd already been bankrupted losing a custody battle the previous year (long, ugly story).  So I just drove four hours one-way every other week, and eventually moved to the Puget Sound region myself. Three years later, my ex dropped her on my doorstep and gave me uncontested full custody. 

Christ, I'd DREAM of Port Orchard.   Maricopa, CA has one claim to fame; A giant oil pit in town, and a recklessly greedy police force (of which my ex's current boyfriend is a former member) that faced a federal investigation.  11 hour drive, one way.  It's a shit sandwich wrapped in a shit tortilla.  But because she refuses to be independent or develop any marketable skills whatsoever, she gloms onto whatever sucker boyfriend hasn't been acquainted with her lies and cheating, and holds on for dear life (til she tires of it).  I really would not be surprised if she, too, simply surrenders my son.  I'll forever feel embarrassed and sorry that I picked such a shit woman for my kid's mother.  The only upside is I know she loves my son, and when not drinking, is a decent mom to him.  But if you can't create even a semblance of stability at home for a child, you can't do much else.

On 7/28/2017 at 9:13 AM, Orange said:

I'll forever feel embarrassed and sorry that I picked such a shit woman for my kid's mother. 

I'll spare you the sordid details, but I was in much the same boat many years ago. I used to always say, "Everybody makes mistakes; some are bigger than others."

On 7/25/2017 at 3:00 PM, Orange said:

It's easily the most gut-wrenching and emotionally draining experience in my life.  For all his life he's had both parents in Bend.  Then, literally at the last minute, my ex said she was moving to Maricopa fucking California (an almost literal shithole near Bakersfield) to chase some boyfriend she just connected with.  I gotta think the court will agree that her reason for such a drastic relocation (she's not following a job offer, she has no family there) would not be sufficient and she'll be blocked from having physical custody for more than holidays/Xmas, etc.  In that case, she'll either surrender her parental rights or return to Oregon (the latter being more likely and better for my kid, but both being acceptable to me).

I sure hope it works out for you, and I agree the courts should decide in your favor but, vagina. 

• 2 months later...

Archived