Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scscsc89

What sports would you like your school to add?

16 posts in this topic

There's a lot of USC fans that would like to add Softball & Men's Soccer with the construction of the new LAFC soccer stadium being built by the LA Coliseum.

Both are the ultimate private school sports and I thought USC should have added them a long time ago. I doubt SC would play at the LAFC stadium though. Attendance would be pretty low for most college soccer programs.

I'd like UCLA to get swimming and diving back up to par. It's killing our Olympian totals.

USC women's lacrosse team plays some games at the Coliseum.

if that's not a mismatch, nothing is 

Recently the Colorado Springs Triple AAA team announced they are leaving town due to the weather issues especially in January to March and the Sky Sox will become a short single A team.  They are possibly adding another short single A team up in Windsor near Ft. Collins.  There's a reason why CU, CSU, and Wyoming no longer have baseball programs.  I don't think you can really compare Boulder and Salt Lake City weather as well so I hope you accept that the PAC has an odd number of teams for the forseeable future unless CU ponies up the cash for a dome.

Men's Lacrosse is definitely my pick and long term, I believe ice hockey would be very worthwhile due to the success of Denver and Colorado College in this state.  I hate basically shutting down as a CU fan in the late winter to spring time because there isn't a spring CU team that I'm interested in following.

I believe that there are long term plans for the west side of Folsom Field and I think CU will just widen the playing field enough to be able to add lacrosse and men's soccer to that stadium.  CU has very good groundskeepers for that grass field and I don't see CU switching back to turf anytime soon.  Many CU fans believe the field needs widening anyway for player safety reasons before someone gets hurt from running too hard out of bounds.

The women's lacrosse team at CU has been very successful in just a few short seasons and I can see a men's team do the same.  They even have played some games at Folsom Field.

If CU was to do ice hockey, it's possible that the Coors Event Center might have to be replaced if not renovated.  The good news is that there are at least two other arenas besides the Pepsi Center in Denver where the CEC tenants could play while a new arena is built on the site.

CU will be moving its track & field & soccer facilities to an area where the old CU football practice fields were and tear down crumbling family housing in the process so once that happens, there could be new sports in the pipeline like the ones I mentioned.

Track & Field.

Sure, we have it, but it sucks.  GOOD T&F would be nice.

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Time for UO to elevate their skiing club sports to varsity status then three more schools and we have a PAC skiing conference. :lol:

http://bassrankings.com/team-tables.php?collection=ranks_colleges_24mos&name=2+Year+College+Rankings

UO has a good bass fishing program tho.

Wsu lost wrestling and men's gymnastics to Title IX.  I miss both.  I went to all of the men's gymnastic meets and they were thoroughly entertaining. Dubi Lupi was the star, how's that for a name?  He went on to perform in the 1976 Olympics for Israel.

3 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

Wsu lost wrestling and men's gymnastics to Title IX.  I miss both.  I went to all of the men's gymnastic meets and they were thoroughly entertaining. Dubi Lupi was the star, how's that for a name?  He went on to perform in the 1976 Olympics for Israel.

CU lost wrestling and baseball and other sports (swimming & gymnastics I think) due to Title IX back in 1980 as well.

It's fun trying to pronounce Lupi's name.

On 7/18/2017 at 7:22 PM, Jalapeno said:

CU lost wrestling and baseball and other sports (swimming & gymnastics I think) due to Title IX back in 1980 as well.

It's fun trying to pronounce Lupi's name.

Yes, I did not mean to imply that those were the only two sports WSU lost, just two that I enjoyed during the indoor months in Pullman.  In the early 1970s, between Marv Hershman, Judd Heathcoate, Dale Brown (some noteworthy college basketball names), the arrival of George Raveling, wrestling and gymnastics, there was a lot of winter entertainment.

I can only imagine how much winter entertainment was there.  It would be so nice if CU had more spring entertainment...maybe that will happen sooner than later?

3 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Utah is adding Men's Lacrosse?

Awesome!  Hopefully CU does the same thing soon.

Cal has the 2nd most sports in the conference.  I am in favor of decreasing sports as it is killing our revenue and we can't responsibly pay for the sports we currently have. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0