OSU @ CSU

PAC MAN

I know it's almost a month away for this game but I had to create this today...CSU's AD said that CSU  " probably built the best stadium in America".

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/18/colorado-state-football-stadium-tour/

Screw those Rammies...I hope the Beavers come in and gnaw up that stadium and the Rammies have to go back to their old stadium if it's still there.

Image result for laughing out loud gif

GO BEAVERS!

BEAT CSU!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, glduck said:

why do you hate such a small, inconsequential school so much. 

Because CU football had relegated itself to small, inconsequential football over the last decade or so. CSU used to be nothing but an annoying little brother type school to CU fans. Lately, CU fans have had to take CSU seriously and comments like Jalapenos are evidence of this. Its not so much CSU stepping up, as much as CU taking a massive step back.

(Here is the part where Jalapeno talks about the football success of last year and completely disregards the prior 12 years or so.)

20 hours ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

Because CU football had relegated itself to small, inconsequential football over the last decade or so. CSU used to be nothing but an annoying little brother type school to CU fans. Lately, CU fans have had to take CSU seriously and comments like Jalapenos are evidence of this. Its not so much CSU stepping up, as much as CU taking a massive step back.

(Here is the part where Jalapeno talks about the football success of last year and completely disregards the prior 12 years or so.)

Nailed it.

As for CSU, that's not a bad looking stadium.  And jalapeno misquoted him.  The remark was "in many ways we've probably built the best stadium in America."   

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetopstories/ci_31174467/oregon-state-hopes-follow-buffs-path-success

Oregon State to have a CU style turnaround?  Like CU exprienced in the past, OSU is on a extended losing streak on the road with 11 straight losses.  Will this game be the one that stops that streak?

Gary Andersen did say at Media Days that OSU is still looking for a QB.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:16 AM, Orange said:

As for CSU, that's not a bad looking stadium.  And jalapeno misquoted him.  The remark was "in many ways we've probably built the best stadium in America."   

Me misquoting?  It's the Denver Post that put that headline up there.  Denver Post has not treated both CU & CSU well for years.

10 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Me misquoting?  It's the Denver Post that put that headline up there.  Denver Post has not treated both CU & CSU well for years.

Sometimes I read beyond the headlines.  I know, I'm Suuuuuch a nerd.

It would be very unwise to sleep on CSU this season, Jalapeño. Hard as it is to believe, you have to throw last year's records out the door when taking stock of this season's matchups. I expect CSU will be one of the top teams in the Mountain West and may just win the conference altogether. Enthusiasm will be brimming in that brand new stadium of theirs- that's a tough draw for Oregon State to kick off their season. I do think the Beavs will ultimately prevail but I wouldn't be surprised if the game is a lot closer than people expect. I'll even go so far as to predict that the Rams will be Oregon State's toughest OOC opponent this season. And that's no slight to Minnesota either.

1 hour ago, Card Tricks said:

It would be very unwise to sleep on CSU this season, Jalapeño. Hard as it is to believe, you have to throw last year's records out the door when taking stock of this season's matchups. I expect CSU will be one of the top teams in the Mountain West and may just win the conference altogether. Enthusiasm will be brimming in that brand new stadium of theirs- that's a tough draw for Oregon State to kick off their season. I do think the Beavs will ultimately prevail but I wouldn't be surprised if the game is a lot closer than people expect. I'll even go so far as to predict that the Rams will be Oregon State's toughest OOC opponent this season. And that's no slight to Minnesota either.

No joking that CSU fans are fired up and I am honestly happy for CSU when you consider where their old stadium was located in town and especially on a two lane road.  I have driven past that stadium and it is a huge upgrade...words can't explain how much better that stadium is going to be for CSU fans.

Based on CU's games against both teams last season, both teams are about even.  Same for Minnesota who played both CSU and OSU last season.  I think the real key is CSU's DL versus Nall.  

This won't be an easy game for the Beavers but winnable.  I'm just not seeing a blowout either way.  Right now, I'm saying CSU wins this game.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, Card Tricks said:

I'd probably agree especially considering we get UM at home.

Just took another look at OSU's OOC schedule plus who they open against in conference play.  That's a doable schedule based on how OSU did last season and I believe OSU will be a better team this season.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Beavers open 4-0 but a 1-3 start wouldn't be all that surprising.  Let's say the Beavers are playing for a bowl game in its first four games.  Go 4-0 and survive the next four games (UW, @USC, CU, Stanford), and the Beavers can clinch a bowl spot with @Cal, @UA, ASU, and @UO to close out the season.

Good luck to the Beavers!

11 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Just took another look at OSU's OOC schedule plus who they open against in conference play.  That's a doable schedule based on how OSU did last season and I believe OSU will be a better team this season.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Beavers open 4-0 but a 1-3 start wouldn't be all that surprising.  Let's say the Beavers are playing for a bowl game in its first four games.  Go 4-0 and survive the next four games (UW, @USC, CU, Stanford), and the Beavers can clinch a bowl spot with @Cal, @UA, ASU, and @UO to close out the season.

Good luck to the Beavers!

but what is your level of surprise if they start 2-2.

14 minutes ago, glduck said:

but what is your level of surprise if they start 2-2.

Somewhere in the middle between 1-3 and 4-0. ;)

Would it be a surprise if OSU actually finds a QB?  That could be the difference between 1-3 and 4-0.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/08/jake_luton_named_oregon_state.html

OSU names former Idaho QB Jake Luton as starting QB.  Can't be good news for the Rams who gave up 61 points to Luton's old team. :lol:

Given that Luton will have the time to get his timing with the WRs down, that could mean some play action stuff.  OSU might have to replace three starters on the OL but CSU's rush D has questions as well.

I think OSU can crash the party in Fort Colllins.

11 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/08/jake_luton_named_oregon_state.html

OSU names former Idaho QB Jake Luton as starting QB.  Can't be good news for the Rams who gave up 61 points to Luton's old team. :lol:

Given that Luton will have the time to get his timing with the WRs down, that could mean some play action stuff.  OSU might have to replace three starters on the OL but CSU's rush D has questions as well.

I think OSU can crash the party in Fort Colllins.

You connect some really bizarre dots.  Hey, what about Thomas Tyner's old team, who won the Rose Bowl?  We'll be champions!

I don't know much about Luton, and I've never seen him play, but I'm just glad GA made an executive decision to give the guy the reins early on.  This QB-by-committee shit was never going to get us to the next level.

Been reading that with OSU's new OC, the Beavers will run an offense more similar to WSU & CU.  Luton played in an offense like that last season in JUCO ball and he broke school season records there.

Just hope there is enough bowl slots for the Pac-12 this season because I think we will be needing more than the Pac-12's six bowl slots.

Archived