Fall Camp News

Scscsc89

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

He was making a much larger point, but most people binary thinkers won't get it. Read his whole quote, including the part about "football and school don't go together" and elite athletes go to school only because college is a requisite path to the NFL. He is 100% correct, IMO. And, of course, higher SAT scores would have a greater effect on schools that have more of these elite players.

Totally agree with higher admission standards affecting those big time programs.  That is what led to the slow decline of Nebraska football after joining the Big 12 especially when it came to Prop 48 athletes before the NCAA took care of that issue shortly after.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, All Hail said:

I don't think so.  There are a lot of blindly loyal fanboys out there.  I think bug was being seriously and sadly I think he's right, hence the results of that poll.

I think the results of that poll reflect SEC fans thinking Rosen just took a giant dump on the SEC, which he kind of did by mentioning SAT scores for athletes, and they aren't even thinking about the horrific QB play in that conference, and how Rosen would elevate their team's offense.  It was a biased poll by Traul Finebaun.

2 hours ago, PapaG said:

I think the results of that poll reflect SEC fans thinking Rosen just took a giant dump on the SEC, which he kind of did by mentioning SAT scores for athletes, and they aren't even thinking about the horrific QB play in that conference, and how Rosen would elevate their team's offense.  It was a biased poll by Traul Finebaun.

Do you think the SEC fans could even read the article? 

I was being serious.

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

Do you think the SEC fans could even read the article? 

I was being serious.

Considering Finebaum couldn't shut up about it today, I'm guessing SEC fans who voted on it knew what Rosen had said about SEC players when they voted on the poll Finebaum started.  Hence, the question wasn't about football entirely.

UCLA and USC are going to regret passing on Chase Garbers.  Everyone at Cal is raving about him.  Baldwin called him the most talented freshman he's ever coached.  He probably won't win the job as a true freshman but I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting by game 4 or 5. 

Potentially huge news for Stanford. Not necessarily from a Game 1 perspective since a win against Rice is all but assured no matter who we start at QB. But from the standpoint of getting Chryst back on the field and warmed up early on, this is a game-changer. My biggest concern about that USC game was that it would likely be Chryst's first start in about nine months (of which he would have only had one to actually practice with his teammates). Now that it's no longer looking like such a problem (although we'll see how rusty he looks against Rice), I feel much better about Stanford's chances against USC despite coming into that contest as significant underdogs.

Stanford needs at least decent qb play and I don't know if they came get that fine Chryst.  Stanford offense was pedestrian with a force of nature like CM at running back.  I find it hard to believe that they won't be even worse now that he's gone but stranger things have happened.

The top two pass catchers for ucla this far are two former walking. Christian pabico is a RS JR Wr out of Long Beach Poly and has looked really good so far, especially with catching the ball, which has been a weakness for a few years. The other is former USC walk on TE and current UCLA scholarship athlete, Caleb Wilson, who is probably Rosen's favorite target. Jaelan Phillips and Darnay Holmes, 5* freshmen, have looked the part.  OL inconsistencies and RB injuries have been the negative side of things

Archived