Fall Camp News

Scscsc89

Josh Rosen finally spoke to the media. Of course, there was the reporter who basically asked the same question 15 different ways? "Have you made a conscious decision to not be as outspoken this year...?", "You seem quieter, is that intentional...?"

More than a few media people were upset when Josh didn't show up to media day but let's be honest, Rosen would've been peppered for two days about social media, the draft, and other non-UCLA things. Not only does that have nothing to do with UCLA, but even the most well-spoken person is set up to fail in that environment

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://cubuffs.tumblr.com/post/163605953989/buffs-freshman-james-stefanou-kicks-a-50-yard

Looks like there will be a lot of touchbacks in Boulder this season and last time CU had a kicker with this kind of leg was when the current Green Bay Packers kicker suited up for the Buffs.  Guess Aussie kickers are becoming a hot commodity in the PAC.

no real news per se at media day yesterday, but the staff seems floored with the physical transformation of a number of players... beyond the normal coachspeak, anyway. we already knew there was poor weight room participation under the old staff so that's not news, but i'm glad everyone seems to have bought into the new guys.

Isn't that one of the requirements of a new staff? Bemoaning how physically poor they once were? Another is howm uch harder they work in practice. One more is how the OL is forcing on smaller, quicker pulls, rather that giant, unmoveable forces?

could be. this is our first outside hire in eons so i'm still getting used to all the new staff language. when chip and helfrich took over they didn't shit over anything because the old staff was still around.

that said a casual glance at any of our games last season could tell you that we were a bunch of out of shape nancy boys. also helps put into perspective how a routine workout put three guys into the hospital last january.

4 hours ago, glduck said:

could be. this is our first outside hire in eons so i'm still getting used to all the new staff language. when chip and helfrich took over they didn't shit over anything because the old staff was still around.

that said a casual glance at any of our games last season could tell you that we were a bunch of out of shape nancy boys. also helps put into perspective how a routine workout put three guys into the hospital last january.

It's going to be interesting to see how UO does under this staff given the continuity the Ducks have had for years which is a nice thing to have given how many programs have changed coaching staffs like a teenage girl going through the closet for something to wear for the day.

If the Ducks truly have worked in the weight room this offseason, the Ducks should open 3-0 easily.  Southern Utah might have won the Big Sky Conference but a team that busted their tails in the weight room will handle that team just fine.  In the 30 years that I have been following college football, I don't ever recall a Nebraska team being on the fringe of not being a bowl team.  And if UO is who I think they are, they won't have problems winning in Laramie...Ducks really haven't had problems winning at altitude in both SLC and Boulder but Laramie will be tougher tho.

4 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

I don't think I will ever understand which Colorado posts get blessed in which thread? Seems like the Bobo post is primed for the Colorado thread? I mean, posting a nice catch in here, really seems...odd?

4 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

A practice highlight reel sounds like a off-season championship.

I see two posters who could easily post more stuff about their team.

If there was no Fall Camp News thread, you know where those CU posts would be going to. ;)

I guess I should cut you some slack since Mora's job security is questionable and he could close camp to the media.  Given those new recruiting dead periods, I guess schools without their sportswriters will hear grumbling from their diehard fans about being left out.  That's why I appreciate former BuffZone/Boulder Daily Camera CU Buffs beat writer Neil Woelk being on the Buff AD payroll.  Surely there's a former LA Times sportswriter who would be glad to write for the Bruins website.

I'm hoping non-CU fans would step up so I'm not as inclined to post stuff from non-CU teams.

6 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Isn't that one of the requirements of a new staff? Bemoaning how physically poor they once were? Another is howm uch harder they work in practice. One more is how the OL is forcing on smaller, quicker pulls, rather that giant, unmoveable forces?

We don't know, UO hasn't replaced a coaching staff from outside the program in 40years.

33 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Easily the best training camp setting in all of football including the NFL imo.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the ASU QB competition is the most noteworthy QB race in the PAC at this time.

I agree with the bolded statement. The pieces are all there for ASU to have a really, really good offense assuming one of these QB's can put it together. And they are going to need it because the secondary will likely be absolute dog shit again.

13 minutes ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

I agree with the bolded statement. The pieces are all there for ASU to have a really, really good offense assuming one of these QB's can put it together. And they are going to need it because the secondary will likely be absolute dog shit again.

Looking at ASU's OOC schedule, the offense will be lighting it up in at least two of those games.  NMSU had the worst pass D last year and defense was second to last in FBS ball last season.  And that rematch with Texas Tech in Lubbock...I plan on watching that one.

Not sure about San Diego State but they are pretty much the team expected to win the MWC this year.  That would be a solid win for the Sun Devils if that happens.  I'd put ASU and OSU in the same boat as needing a solid OOC start in order to make a bowl game.

Then in the conference opener the Sun Devils face UO's defense which was leaky last season.  ASU DC Phil Bennet and UO DC Jim Leavitt both came from KSU so they might be familiar with each other's tendencies.

22 minutes ago, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

I don't understand why coaches on the hot seat do this. Graham has closed off his practices significantly as well. Letting the fans/press be present helps to temper expectations.

I think part of it is that a hotel is going up right next to the practice field and he's seeing how it'll affect observations of practice

Archived