Wilner Hotline

Scscsc89

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • MrBug708 changed the title to Wilber Hotline
  • 2 weeks later...

Cal's O/U was around 3 games this season if I'm not mistaken.  The biggest takeaway will be how Cal's players play once they are out of bowl contention.

UO's OOC being difficult?  I'm not so sure about that given that Nebraska may or may not make a bowl game and Wyoming usually doesn't have the better talent in the MWC.  I think UO's best case scenario is 10-2 not 8-4.

I think OSU could go bowling this season but there is no question in my mind they will go next season for sure.  Bowl game or bust is the goal this season.

I think Stanford is capable of an undefeated season so their ceiling would be 13-0 and I will not be surprised if they beat USC in LA this season.  4-8 would be worst case for them.

UW's worst case of 9-3 seems accurate and best case is same as Stanford's.

WSU's worst case scenario would be 5-7 and best case undefeated.

As for the South:

Arizona: Think their 1-11 worst case scenario is a little too low...more like 2-10 and best case is 9-3.

ASU: Worst case would be 1-11 and best case 11-1.

CU: Worst case 2-10 and best case 13-0.

UCLA: Worst case 2-10 and best case 9-3.

USC: Worst case 4-8 and best case 13-0.

Utah: Worst case 2-10 and best case 10-2.

All South schools except Arizona will contend for the CCG and the North's contenders would be Stanford, UW, and WSU while UO is a darkhorse.

14 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

UO's OOC being difficult?  I'm not so sure about that given that Nebraska may or may not make a bowl game and Wyoming usually doesn't have the better talent in the MWC.  I think UO's best case scenario is 10-2 not 8-4.

nebraska is still a major conference team with major conference talent, and they beat us last year. the wyoming game is on the road, in what might be the biggest game in their history (a stat i totally made up to be a smug asshole), and they have a quarterback who's going to be drafted in the top 10 next april. 

to say nothing of the fact that we went 4-8 last year and gave up over 40 points a game. 

oregon does not have the luxury at going into either game from a position of vast superiority. we may be favored in both (i don't know), but we're sketchy as hell until proven otherwise. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

nebraska is still a major conference team with major conference talent, and they beat us last year. the wyoming game is on the road, in what might be the biggest game in their history (a stat i totally made up to be a smug asshole), and they have a quarterback who's going to be drafted in the top 10 next april. 

to say nothing of the fact that we went 4-8 last year and gave up over 40 points a game. 

oregon does not have the luxury at going into either game from a position of vast superiority. we may be favored in both (i don't know), but we're sketchy as hell until proven otherwise. 

Don't disagree with you.  Based on what I have read about the Ducks during this offseason, I believe they will return to their winning ways this season.  If this year's edition of UO football is what I think it is going to be, UO should have no problems beating both Nebraska and Wyoming.

23 hours ago, glduck said:

Pretty sure they hosted Texas 4-5 years ago.

6 hours ago, glduck said:

i read a mountain west preview not two hours ago (i'm lonely) and they picked wyoming 4th in their division. fuck us if we lose that game.

Picking #2-6 in either MWC division is a crapshoot this season.

If the Ducks lose, they might ask you to fill out their MWC application form. B)

1 minute ago, Chad Sexington said:

I think 5-7 has a decidedly negative slant. I think that this team looks really good. 

I agree that Utah can overcome their challenging conference schedule which doesn't have Cal or OSU while breaking in a new offense.  WIll they?

Archived