Do we have an IT expert here?

Scscsc89

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

What's a good (easy) cloud backup service?

thx

Dropbox is great and very user friendly.  It's also very affordable.  Not only will it backup your files but it will allow you to access them remotely.  I use Dropbox for work and it's great.  One time while traveling,  my labtop stopped working.  Thankfully, I had accesss to all of my files via Dropbox and could get my work done on the hotel computers. 

18 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Thanks -- just did a little reading.  Does Dropbox do automated back up of my windows folders or would I need to start keeping everything in a Dropbox folder?

I'm honestly not sure but I keep everything in Dropbox and just pretend Dropbox is my C-drive.  Keeping everything in the cloud will also have the added benefit of freeing space on your computer, which will allow your computer to perform better in all facets (booting up, opening applications, etc.)

as for your next question.  I bought a 100GB flash drive  that I use to occasionally backup my important files in the very slim chances the cloud ever goes down.

23 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Yeah -- I am currently using an external flash drive & having windows do a back up every week.  

I just don't trust it.  Been burned before

Don't trust what, the cloud or the flash drive.  Hardware is far more likely to fail than software.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2017 at 9:09 AM, Orange said:

Fuck Windows and Fuck Microsoft in general.

I prefer to work with Windows over IOS and Apple to be honest.  I find that it's cheaper to use/replace and I can work at a faster and more efficient rate.  I also hate the Apple mouse, fuck that thing.  But when it comes to phones, Apple reigns supreme in my eyes. 

2 hours ago, All Hail said:

I prefer to work with Windows over IOS and Apple to be honest.  I find that it's cheaper to use/replace and I can work at a faster and more efficient rate.  I also hate the Apple mouse, fuck that thing.  But when it comes to phones, Apple reigns supreme in my eyes. 

I just hate trying to format things in Microsoft word.  My new career involves a lot of editing of operating agreements and contracts, which means a shitload of formatting with lists and sections and subsections, and wonky indents, and "continue numbering" bullshit that does NOT continue numbering in the way that I wish, and, well, FML.

5 minutes ago, Orange said:

I just hate trying to format things in Microsoft word.  My new career involves a lot of editing of operating agreements and contracts, which means a shitload of formatting with lists and sections and subsections, and wonky indents, and "continue numbering" bullshit that does NOT continue numbering in the way that I wish, and, well, FML.

For contracts, use playbooks if you can.  You can find well-written legal contract playbooks for most forms of contracts.  MSA's, Saas, Paas, NDA's, etc. 

For word, fall in love with the format painter.  But I agree, Word can suck a fat one when it comes to formatting. 

22 hours ago, Orange said:

It could be worse. My employer dropped Word, Excel and PowerPoint in favor of Google docs, Google spreadsheet, and Google Presentation. They're all wonky as hell. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived