oregon @ arizona state

glduck

looks like manny wilkins is having a pretty great year throwing the ball, but the devil running game is having a hard time getting going (kalen ballage 179 rushing yards, 3.7 yards/carry, no one else over 50 yards from scrimmage). 

still, i'm not ready to believe in our defense after one quality outing against a team that looked seriously overmatched. and tempe has been home to some great oregon/asu shootouts in the past. i hope this doesn't become a basketball game, but i wouldn't be shocked if it does. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, glduck said:

crump: asu's best linebacker/pass rusher, already with 4 sacks this season.

I don't think his pass rushing skills would matter much in this one.  Our OL is the opposite of most OL, fantastic pass blocking, but having a tough time with run blocking.  Which I think is because of the switch from a zone scheme to more a power scheme that WT is trying to implement.

4 hours ago, dtd said:

Haven't watched Manny play but his stats are great, especially when he's getting absolutely no help from his defense and running game. I like Oregon, but not by a lot. 

ASU's Oline has been absolute garbage, btw. Basically the same guys are a year older and they have some how regressed from last season.

On 9/18/2017 at 2:53 PM, Scummy Dick Douglas said:

ASU's Oline has been absolute garbage, btw. Basically the same guys are a year older and they have some how regressed from last season.

i thus take it as a very bad sign that asu gashed us that entire first quarter.

17-7 devils

Yeah, I didn't mean it as a negative.  It just seemed like we had two teams who were labeled top 10 going into the season and they very well might become top 10 teams by seasons end but as of right now, everyone looks surprisingly vulnerable.  And UCLA/Stanford are way worse than I expected them to be.

eh. who doesn't? clemson looked like garbage for 3 full quarters against boston college, then, like usc, used their depth to put them away. penn state barely escaped iowa. okie was down 31-28 to BAYLOR in the 4th quarter. 

bama is the only team firing on all cylinders. maybe tcu. 

Archived