michigan state/depaul

PK80 3rd game

boise state

colorado state

texas southern

portland state

@ fresno state

central arkansas

better hope that PK80 tournament brings the goods because that schedule both sucks and blows. the university is trying to sell boise state and colorado state as "up and coming 20-win nit teams." lol

last time we played @ fresno we needed a freshman bryce taylor to hit the GW shot as time expired. let's see how far we've come. 

oklahoma, arkansas, north carolina, and portland are on the other side of the PK80 bracket so we're totally getting portland in that 3rd game. god damnit. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 0:08 PM, glduck said:

last time we played @ fresno we needed a freshman bryce taylor to hit the GW shot as time expired. let's see how far we've come. 

Howry made some awesome highlight vids from that year with the vids I gave him(including that one). All the music was tech n9ne. 

• 1 month later...

oregon beat idaho 81-57 in an exhibition today. victor bailey led all scorers with 20, elijiah brown had 17.

mj cage, who had been impressing the coaching staff for awhile now, sat out "to reassess his future", which sure sounds like a transfer to me. he's hurt a lot but he was going to see the court this year. weird.

3 hours ago, glduck said:

oregon beat idaho 81-57 in an exhibition today. victor bailey led all scorers with 20, elijiah brown had 17.

mj cage, who had been impressing the coaching staff for awhile now, sat out "to reassess his future", which sure sounds like a transfer to me. he's hurt a lot but he was going to see the court this year. weird.

I heard he roll his ankle and would have missed the game anyways.  He's reassessing if he wants to keep playing the game, because he's been hurt a lot since showing up.

• 1 month later...

the basketball stuff is all minor bullshit. it's actually kind of refreshing to not have a rape scandal on our hands for once.

the track thing could have traction, although the university of north carolina exists, so if we get hit and carolina walked i'd be a little irked. sounds like we self-reported and the athlete went pro anyhow. robert johnson, men's/women's HC, not named in the grievance. 

2 hours ago, glduck said:

the basketball stuff is all minor bullshit. it's actually kind of refreshing to not have a rape scandal on our hands for once.

the track thing could have traction, although the university of north carolina exists, so if we get hit and carolina walked i'd be a little irked. sounds like we self-reported and the athlete went pro anyhow. robert johnson, men's/women's HC, not named in the grievance. 

The "non-coaching staff" thing is hilarious, actually.  It's basically Payton Pritchard and some other guys playing pick-up ball with Dame Lillard and some other NBA players along with Jordan Bell, Dylan Brooks, and some former Ducks last summer, from what I hear.  Literally every program in the country could be hit with that claim.  Kentucky's NBA players go work out with Coach Cal's latest crop every year at Rupp.  What a joke.

Hey, Alabama pays football players and literally gives them loans for cars, but Mark Emmert the pederast has issues with Phil Knight and UO.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:13 PM, MrBug708 said:

Literally every NBA player plays pickup at Pauley.

Death penalty!  What is so odd about this "big story" is that UO self-reported all of these supposed violations, yet alleged Pedophile look-alike Mark Emmert, Husky weirdo, has a boner for Little Brother UO so he decided to make it public.  This is 100% the NCAA trying to fuck over UO over nothing.

3 hours ago, PapaG said:

Death penalty!  What is so odd about this "big story" is that UO self-reported all of these supposed violations, yet alleged Pedophile look-alike Mark Emmert, Husky weirdo, has a boner for Little Brother UO so he decided to make it public.  This is 100% the NCAA trying to fuck over UO over nothing.

I'm not sure I understand.  Oregon self-reported, but somehow it shouldn't be made public?  Why should a self-report be secret?  Also, while Oregon self-reported, it's "100% the NCAA trying to fuck over UO over nothing"?  Wouldn't it be one or the other?  Or is there a fear in Eugene that the NCAA will collect the dues on this plus past violations with a big stick?  By the way, in the rest of the world (Big Ten, where I'm most connected, and ACC) the opinion is that the NCAA is scared stiff of Phil and won't mess with his princess program.

no, you’re right. they were self-reported and the ncaa let the university know that they were following up on it. all standard procedures. the oregon media jumped all over it, also standard procedure.

but to answer your question, at least regarding the basketball stuff, no there is not much fear of ncaa reprisal. it’s all very minor stuff. 

Archived