Sign in to follow this  
Jalapeno

NHL & College Hockey

Jalapeno    335

Watched the Avs lose 4-1 in the preseason opener.  I'm now a puckhead again for like the first time since the Avs were winning Stanley Cups but instead of opening the Avs era with Stanley Cup victories, the Avs are in a rebuilding mode.

Anyone follow hockey on this board?

glduck    1,431

we have an annual stanley cup playoff thread on the basketball board (for some reason) because most of us are admitted bandwagon hockey fans and don't start paying attention to hockey until the playoffs.

• Sad 1

Jalapeno    335
On 9/20/2017 at 1:23 PM, glduck said:

we have an annual stanley cup playoff thread on the basketball board (for some reason) because most of us are admitted bandwagon hockey fans and don't start paying attention to hockey until the playoffs.

No big deal.  Just started this thread in this section since it would get lost in the football section.

Jalapeno    335

https://sports.yahoo.com/p-k-subban-says-hell-never-kneel-national-anthem-161139398.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

This is the correct way to handle things.  The most prominent black NHL player (and the only All-Star I believe) just spoke out that he will not kneel during the national anthem.

There's at least one holdout on the Sharks.

The Penguins did the right thing by accepting the invite to the White House.

My time spent on the NFL & NBA will be going to the NHL this season.

Image result for usa flag

Mano    582
1 hour ago, glduck said:

jalapeno approves of the sports that are 99% white. noted. 

Also likes using the flag to decorate his emoticon crap.

• Sad 1

Jalapeno    335
On 10/12/2017 at 0:21 PM, Bruin 70 said:

Go Golden Knights!

Yeah my wife and I watched VGK honor the victims...pretty moving.  There is one Las Vegas team I'd support and that is not the one with RAIDERS in the nickname. B)

• Like 1

Jalapeno    335

ASU Sun Devil hockey schedule: http://www.thesundevils.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=437

I wonder which Pac-12 school will be next to move their hockey team up to D1 status?  If CU was to do that, I think CU would have no problems finding a conference home due to its location compared to ASU.  This is something that the PAC needs to get going on.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2017/06/23_NHL-Hopes-to-Help-Bring-More.php

NHL is helping the B1G do a feasibility study to add more hockey teams.  Illinois was the first school named out of five.