UW @ OS

Orange

I'll be at this game instead of the Duck game because I lost a bet to my UDub brother.  I even had to buy the tickets in the UDub section.  Oddly, it seems I will be rooting for OS at Reser, as my Husky Hatred surpasses my dislike of OS.

2 hours ago, PapaG said:

I'll be at this game instead of the Duck game because I lost a bet to my UDub brother.  I even had to buy the tickets in the UDub section.  Oddly, it seems I will be rooting for OS at Reser, as my Husky Hatred surpasses my dislike of OS.

Two questions: 1) what was the bet? 2) have you invited your brother to this forum? 

16 hours ago, win2bfree said:

The obligatory 1985 mention.

Exception that proves the rule.  The thing about UW is that OS can never seem to surprise them.  We're Pac NW, they're Pac NW.  Players/coaches/staff often know each other, and there's enough bad blood, usually, to create a pseudo-rivalry.  

If it were USC coming to town -- the big boy that OS wants to take down; meanwhile SC thinks we barely exist -- I'd put more stock in the possibility of a shocking upset, a la 2006 or 2008.  

UW by 40.

19 hours ago, row Z said:

Two questions: 1) what was the bet? 2) have you invited your brother to this forum? 

1)  Oregon having a better record than UDub last year.  Yeah, good call by me.  I did get 5 consecutive trips to Seattle for UDub-Duck games over the last 13 years.

2)  No, message board shitposting is my personal shame.

4 hours ago, Orange said:

Exception that proves the rule.  The thing about UW is that OS can never seem to surprise them.  We're Pac NW, they're Pac NW.  Players/coaches/staff often know each other, and there's enough bad blood, usually, to create a pseudo-rivalry.  

If it were USC coming to town -- the big boy that OS wants to take down; meanwhile SC thinks we barely exist -- I'd put more stock in the possibility of a shocking upset, a la 2006 or 2008.  

UW by 40.

Look, I know you may not want to answer me, but what is a decent breakfast or lunch place in Corvallis before we hit up some friends' tailgates?  We're going to head there around 11 and hang out in Corvallis for a bit, where I've hardly spent any time.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

4 hours ago, PapaG said:

Look, I know you may not want to answer me, but what is a decent breakfast or lunch place in Corvallis before we hit up some friends' tailgates?  We're going to head there around 11 and hang out in Corvallis for a bit, where I've hardly spent any time.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sam’s Station 1210 NW 29th; always breakfast there, don’t know about lunch.  omelette fried potatoes homemade jam.

17 hours ago, PapaG said:

To be honest, I haven't had breakfast in Corvallis in years.  But Sharon's in south Corvallis on 99 was a regular go-to spot.  Very old-school, and popular with students.  Lotsa tacky redneck crap on the walls (you could call it charm), so it's incredibly enticing to trump supporters.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g51817-d604108-Reviews-Sharon_s_Cafe-Corvallis_Oregon.html

22 hours ago, Utefan1211 said:

Washington is fun to watch. Oregon State is simply lousy. They stayed in there for 20 minutes. 

Pretty much.

Nall may be questionable against USC.  He's perhaps the only skill player on the team deserving of a Pac-12 scholarship.  This is a season from hell.

Our backup QB, the current starter, would be alright if you are a medium sized high school in Idaho. 

I have asked people that say they are Beaver fans this question, to varying responses: How many current Beaver starters would start for any of the other 11 Pac12 schools? Nall, Villamin, the stupid punter and that's it. And those guys, at best, might crack only 2 or 3 of the squads. 

The talent is just not there. Of course, neither are the x's and o's. The cupboard was bare, but this is now GA's cupboard mostly, and it is just as bad. 

1 hour ago, Nakedmolerat said:

Our backup QB, the current starter, would be alright if you are a medium sized high school in Idaho. 

I have asked people that say they are Beaver fans this question, to varying responses: How many current Beaver starters would start for any of the other 11 Pac12 schools? Nall, Villamin, the stupid punter and that's it. And those guys, at best, might crack only 2 or 3 of the squads. 

The talent is just not there. Of course, neither are the x's and o's. The cupboard was bare, but this is now GA's cupboard mostly, and it is just as bad. 

I have no clue what the deal is with Tyner.  Is he hurt, or just over being a football player?  He was a 5-star recruit for crissakes, and he's 3rd in the depth chart behind Artavis and Ryan.

28 minutes ago, Orange said:

I have no clue what the deal is with Tyner.  Is he hurt, or just over being a football player?  He was a 5-star recruit for crissakes, and he's 3rd in the depth chart behind Artavis and Ryan.

He's a fat quitter who'd rather pig out than work hard. That's harsh, but he has no work ethic when it comes to football. 

Archived