ASU @ Stanford

Card Tricks

52 minutes ago, Card Tricks said:

Line opened at -16.5 (now down to 16). Seems a bit high for a team that just knocked off the Ducks and appears to be getting their season back on track.

I don't like giving so many points when teams offense is not very potent. I would favor the Cardinal, but more in the 7-10 point range.

2 hours ago, Mano said:

I don't like giving so many points when teams offense is not very potent. I would favor the Cardinal, but more in the 7-10 point range.

Clearly an overreaction to our 58 point output last Saturday. Arizona State's defense is ranked only slightly ahead of UCLA's but Costello will be making his first official start after subbing in for Chryst last weekend. A lot of fans are very high on this kid- I expect this will either be his coming out party or the moment we realize we don't have a single competent QB on the roster. 

12 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Was Costello the backup or third string QB?  Seems like that in this conference these days, you need a good backup QB as well.

According to the depth chart, he was third string. But seeing as how Burns has pretty much been relegated to running these gimmicky run plays (on the few occasions he's still inserted back into the game), Costello was viewed as the true backup to Keller Chryst. Ever since Chryst's play took a dive against SDSU, fans have been clamoring to get a glimpse of Costello. Talk about divine intervention.

Archived